The Boxing thread

Mayweather won every round after round 3. Had a game plan, spent the first few rounds working him out, letting him tire himself out and then took him apart. I enjoy MMA but this is what sets boxing apart, it's won just as much in the head as it is with the fists.

Mayweather won every round after round 3. Had a game plan, spent the first few rounds working him out, letting him tire himself out and then took him apart. I enjoy MMA but this is what sets boxing apart, it's won just as much in the head as it is with the fists.

You think there's no game plans or strategy in MMA?

At least they both followed the agreed script
Yup. Complete joke. Mayweather did fuck all for 4 rounds and even then was only doing enough to ensure he win the round. Keep macgregor in it for at least 8 rounds Floyd and you both come out looking good. Shite.

I was surprised how little power mcgregor had, certainly not got K.O. power in boxing. had a bad game plan too. pretty much punched himself out in the first 2 rounds without hurting mayweather. really surprised how little stamina he had. very poor boxing skills which I suppose was to be expected against mayweather but I expected him to be much, much more of a physical specimen, speed and stamina wise + he totally lacked power

Anyway, now all the boxing fans can calm down, stop being offended and look forward to Canelo v GGG.

Yup. Complete joke. Mayweather did fuck all for 4 rounds and even then was only doing enough to ensure he win the round. Keep macgregor in it for at least 8 rounds Floyd and you both come out looking good. Shite.

Mayweather did exactly what he planned for 4 rounds...

"Our game plan was to take our time, let him shoot his heavy shots and take him out at the end."

Easy.

You've got to remember this is McGregor's first, first! Professional boxing fight, he's switched codes against the legend of the sport, and lasted longer than many pure boxers, surely that deserves some credit

It shows the difference between a fighter and a boxer, in a fight a boxer would get leathered but when there are rules to stop people getting hurt it's boxing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.