Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite unbelievable that with us, Real and PSG involved in this, he ends up going on fucking loan for a year first to PSG so they can circumnavigate FFP lol.

The transfer world had gone mad!
It's a loophole that we seem to have missed... PSG piss me off and impress me in equal measure... they are not fucking about are they... we continue to try and be the nice guys who do it right but nobody will thank us for it..

If we missed a trick here and did want him then we need to have a long hard look at Marwood and Co.

It's a loophole that we seem to have missed... PSG piss me off and impress me in equal measure... they are not fucking about are they... we continue to try and be the nice guys who do it right but nobody will thank us for it..

If we missed a trick here and did want him then we need to have a long hard look at Marwood and Co.

I think we are assuming that we would have paid his excessive transfer fee and salary if we had negotiated FFP similarly.
I would like to think we valued his worth more realistically.

Our issue isnt just the UEFA FFP, we also have to keep in line with the PL FFP rules which is all about our wage bill and allowable increases every season i think.

Im fine with that and as much as i rate the lad and think he is the next big thing, the money this has gone too is bonkers tbh and When Real Madrid walk away you know it true!

Fair fucks to PSG though who have bent Monaco over.

The price is the price... let's hope he doesn't become the future Balon D'or winner and the next Terry Henry

I think FFP rules as they are, ie without the loophole, suited our owners to pull out. If we stayed in it possibly would have been a bidding war with maybe Quatar wanting to make it political.

City are an investment for our owner and his ADUG team probably earn their bonuses by making money from their investment decisions.
Similarly Quatar are still I think hosting a major football tournament shortly so will no doubt have sympathetic rulings in their favour.

I would like to think we valued his worth more realistically.
I think this is exactly what it is mate. City simply do not value Mbappe at 180 million, and thus we do not pay it, irrespective of modalities. I think this is actually a good thing.

nope, we have our line in the sand and won't cross it, not for Hazard, Isco or Mbappe.

We'll build our squad on our principles and PSG on theirs, I still think we're better than them even if they sign Mbappe.

Another PSG transfer that stinks to high heaven. I think the kid will live to regret going there, because as others have pointed out they'll have a dirty great big buyout clause in his contract, which will probably rule out a future move. Looks like money really has taken over prestige as Real Madrid looked his most likely destination as the start of the summer. Bet the red dippers are shitting themselves now "istry" doesn't seem to count for much in the world of signing the best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.