It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could quite easily have conceded at least 2 more goals on Saturday. Volley from Defoe and that late shot that hit the post. We must not get complacent, not many teams will play in such an open way as Bournemouth, to allow us the win. A Pulis side would probably have shut up shop. United will probably have a much tighter defence. They haven't conceded a PL goal yet.
Bournemouth didn't play an open game Saturday, in my opinion. They shut up shop after going ahead and it nearly worked for them.

Total change of philosophy from Eddie Howe, one which I totally understand after we have hammered them nearly every game since they came up.

3 options for the next 48 hours :
Sanchez +VVD(not likely) best summer ever
Sanchez + JFE- very good summer
Only JFE- very average- we r still missing 1 Full back, a DM and a Striker/Winger.
I'll be pleased with us signing Martin and Sanchez and keep Mangala for the 4th CB,paying 30 M for Evans its ridiculous

Only JFE- very average- we r still missing 1 Full back, a DM and a Striker/Winger.
I'll be pleased with us signing Martin and Sanchez and keep Mangala for the 4th CB,paying 30 M for Evans its ridiculous

It's been a phenomenal window even if we don't sign anyone else IMO

You are being very needy. Average my arse

Bournemouth didn't play an open game Saturday, in my opinion. They shut up shop after going ahead and it nearly worked for them.

Total change of philosophy from Eddie Howe, one which I totally understand after we have hammered them nearly every game since they came up.
Did you watch the game? They nearly won the game just before we got the winner. It was end to end in injury time.

King had a great chance but shot straight at Ederson, and if later Dean had not given the foul on Otamendi they might easily have won. Howe was very unhappy about that decision in his post match interview.

Another side would have been content with the draw without pushing several attackers repeatedly forward to win.

Over the years as fans we seem to get convinced just one or two new players will see us walk the league. The PL must currently be the hardest European league to win. We should not under estimate any game.

You are being very needy. Average my arse

Yep, regardless of what happens with Sanchez (who I think we will get) it's been a very good window for City. Bringing in Ederson, Walker, Mendy, Danilo and Bernardo Silva whilst getting rid of a lot of dead wood is far from "very average".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.