Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean a 400k/week contract. I mean something way bigger. Messi/Ronaldo money. To pacify him for the year.

He wouldn't take the risk and Arsenal couldn't afford it. They made profit in a window where £1.4bn was spent in the Premier League, they wouldn't take the risk and he wouldn't.

You seem a bit overwrought. Calm down, dear.
It's ironic really, you need the player more than we do, and you need the money more than we do, and in 12 months you will have neither. It is also highly likely that you will have another year out if the top 4, you will have also lost Ozil and Sant C on frees, and your senile manager will still be telling us how having players in the last year of their contract is good for your club (how does that one work exactly?)

I agree. I think it will be two more summer windows until we have a truly great squad.

I now wish instead of wasting time with Sanchez we got a world class centre midfielder or centre back.

Yep, these are where the £60m should go. I am all for signing Sanches because he is world class and has a measure of the league. But at the end of the day signing him is an option not a necessity. We have Aguero the most lethal striker in recent league history, we have G. Jesus who at his age should be more a potential than a finished product that he is now. We have Sterling and Sane, and the two Silvas might not be true goalscorers but they are a handful.

I'd rather us pull before the deadline a CM or CB. Was hoping it to be van Dijk out of the blue since we have 50-60m in hand. It's not like we will have to buy Sanchez for £60m in the future anyway. He will either be cheaper in January or free for a 30 year old next summer. Would be great to get Sanchez, but we have the players to score the goals. All is not lost.

If we are strong anywhere, it's in attack.
Central attacking midfield we're strong. Actual goals, I don't think so.

1 injury to Jesus or Aguero and were struggling because neither of our wide players are clinical goal scorers by nature. Sane could prove to be, but we have to start playing him further forward. I think we're 20 goals light in our forward players. Given we wanted Sanchez, Guardiola feels that way too.

There's other areas of the squad in which we're deficient and arguably have less options than last season. That's for a different thread though.

Based upon your analysis, I'm struggling to see victory here...

Our position as Gooners is not one of victory, but of defiance....get it?

It wasn't really defiance when you had been trying do a player exchange, followed by accepting a cash bid. The only reason he's still there is due to your team not being able to sign a replacement. Not exactly a spectacular act of defiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.