Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is other than Kompany, who we cannot rely on, Mangala is not worse than Otamendi or Stones. All are prone to errors. Otamendi's abysmal passing led to Bournemouth's chances on the weekend. He also has no pace at all and so has to dive in which is always 50/50 on him getting the ball.

Stones and Kompany are my preferred partnership but Mangala needs games. I do not k ow why we would look to sell him for half the price we paid and then spend another 30m on JFE. Mangala had a decent season at Valencia. Pep needs to play him, we will need a 4th CB without doubt this season.
Totally agree. Just had another look at the Everton goal. From Sane's error to the ball ending up in the net there were 4 pieces of comedy defending by us, yet not many lambasting the players involved.

He's 26 and has improved since he last played for us. That's fairly young for a CB and he could easily improve further.

Always preferred keeping him than signing Jonny Fucking Evans. At least Mangala has something different, pace and is very physical.

What I like about him is he's a hard worker and it's clear he values Pep. Said he learned more in 2 months with than he did under his whole time under Pellegrini.

Can't blame him for now wanting to join palace. Their defending this year so far has been atrocious and they don't seem to have a u sort of organisation. He would have looked awful.

Given the choice, I'd rather have Mangala than Evans so it's not all bad. Didn't look too bad in pre-season and I'd start him against the rags alongside Vinny to combat Lukaku.

Given the choice, I'd rather have Mangala than Evans so it's not all bad. Didn't look too bad in pre-season and I'd start him against the rags alongside Vinny to combat Lukaku.
That's how I see it too mate. Having said that it is clear to me that Mangala is not good enough for where City wants to be and how we want to play. But I'd have him over JFE any day of the week.

Also useful when the rags invoke plan b (which is there only other plan) and send on Fellani. If anything Mangala give us something different than the others not as cultured on the ball but if we can utilise his brawn and develop his brain he could be a top class defender. If memory serves me right then even Pep as a player didn't blossom until Cruyff and was on the verge of the exit door at Barca until then.

He's 26 and has improved since he last played for us. That's fairly young for a CB and he could easily improve further.

Always preferred keeping him than signing Jonny Fucking Evans. At least Mangala has something different, pace and is very physical.

What I like about him is he's a hard worker and it's clear he values Pep. Said he learned more in 2 months with than he did under his whole time under Pellegrini.
Agreed.
He can also play left back!

Not sure how Mangala is fitted back into the squad after this, as he doesn't fit the profile of a Pep player.

Few games against pure long ball shite Mourinho type teams , and looks lost against football playing forwards .

Not sure how Mangala is fitted back into the squad after this, as he doesn't fit the profile of a Pep player.

Few games against pure long ball shite Mourinho type teams , and looks lost against football playing forwards .

Hes got no chance. The club have made a stand by not letting him go out on loan again, which is great. From a footballing perspective he is a last resort.

That's implying Mourinho will actually try and get United in to our half of the pitch. Something they failed to do last time they came to the Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.