Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the choice, I'd rather have Mangala than Evans so it's not all bad. Didn't look too bad in pre-season and I'd start him against the rags alongside Vinny to combat Lukaku.

I think he could be very valuable in that situation. We are guaranteed to make one or two mistakes that results in counter attacks, and against United that could be absolutely fatal. I don't want to see Lukaku, Martial, Mkhitaryan and Rashford tearing up the pitch towards a lonely Ederson. Thing is Pep is such a fanatic that he will set us up in a way that leaves us vulnerable to that.

If we could somehow get his passing to an average standard and then get him to cut out some recklessness he would be a pretty decent option, especially against strong / athletic forwards.

Dont see why he couldnt manage to develop the passing at least with some proper coaching.

Thing is, if needed he will at the very least give his all. Thats all we can ask at this point i think. If he cant adapt to peps system then at least he can defend when we are short, even if row z every time pisses pep off (not that he would but as an example)

Totally agree. Just had another look at the Everton goal. From Sane's error to the ball ending up in the net there were 4 pieces of comedy defending by us, yet not many lambasting the players involved.

Exactly. I was fuming with Sane and wrongly was blaming him all game. As you say though it was an error that still should not have led to a goal. It was the same last season and Bravo was then also making errors. We let a 31 year old bald idiot score from 8 yards. It took him half an hour to get in the box and I do not think he has made it there again in Everton colours!

Ota's passing accuracy is actually up there with the best in our squad. It's just he's prone to a brain fart in every game and takes needless risks which normally lead to a big chance/ goal for the opposition.

He can pass sideways to Kompany several times but it is more the fired in passes to thr striker midfield that we want our cbs to do. That is where he loses that accuracy for me.

I too have no issue with him not wanting to go to Palace,he obviously thinks he has more to offer and i would agree.I like the lad,he has a very good attitude and i want to see him do well,i really hope he can convince Pep he's worth keeping.

Personally i dont believe we'd have been any better off with Evans,so from that perspective at least,its a result.

Swings and roundabouts JFE v Manga. Not sure who is better overall but Mangala's pace differentiates him from the rest of our CB's and JFE.

I like Mangala and hope he can recreate that first game he had for us whenever he appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.