City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very difficult game this one. I'm not sure (but happy to stand corrected) that we've ever rip-roared our way through a 12:30pm kick off post-nternational break. We'll have a decent stage in the game, but I reckon it will come a little too late to take the three points. 2 - 2 and the media in a frenzy as City 'slip 5 points behind The Champions Elect'.
Dunno about early kick offs after an international break, but we did have that splendid 6-3 win over arsenal following an away cl game

Hope not - their 4-3-3 would be too strong for it.

I hope we match them and go with this team:

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Mendy

Fernandinho
De Bruyne
David Silva

Bernardo Silva
Jesus (or Aguero)
Sane

Chicken dinner....

heart says sergio, head says Jesus...

always listen to your heart :-)

Gundogan won't start. This game is too important to risk a player who hasn't kicked a ball yet in the Premier league this season. 4-3-3 to double up against Mane on the left (Walker and Jesus) and Salah on the right (Mendy and Sane). Start Stones ahead of Otamendi because Nico was away on international duty and surely is tired after all the travelling he had to do. Stones didn't play a minute for England. On top of that, Lolerpool have Matip, Lovren, Can and Wijnaldum who can all score headers and are very dangerous from set pieces. We need height.

............................Ederson.....................
...........Walker..........Vinny...............Stonesy..............Mendy
....................................Dinho.....................................
..........................KDB...................Merlin......................
.................Jesus................Kun.........................Sane......

Gundogan won't start. This game is too important to risk a player who hasn't kicked a ball yet in the Premier league this season. 4-3-3 to double up against Mane on the left (Walker and Jesus) and Salah on the right (Mendy and Sane). Start Stones ahead of Otamendi because Nico was away on international duty and surely is tired after all the travelling he had to do. Stones didn't play a minute for England. On top of that, Lolerpool have Matip, Lovren, Can and Wijnaldum who can all score headers and are very dangerous from set pieces. We need height.

............................Ederson.....................
...........Walker..........Vinny...............Stonesy..............Mendy
....................................Dinho.....................................
..........................KDB...................Merlin......................
.................Jesus................Kun.........................Sane......
I'd have a front 3 of B.Silva, Jesus and Sane but all else the same.

C'mon fellas, why are we all scared or not confident? We basically matched them last year, and I'd say even edged it with the changes created. This with a slow backline. We've added Mendy and Walker, a significant upgrade in regards to speed. We will beat them. Look how well we played in preseason (yes, I know it was only preseason), but we are best when we play a team that is not going to put 10 men behind the ball. Granted, Liverpool will play defensive and try to hit us on the break, but they aint going to play like Bournemouth or Everton. They'll come out a bit more and we'll eat them for breakfast!!!! C'mon City, Let's Go City!!!!

I aint scared!!!

Well said.

Also City sound put potential players and usually end up bidding by ourselves. If he stated he wanted Liverpool and not us then we probably backed off in the same way United did with B.Silva, Munich did with KDB and everyone else did with Stones and Sterling.

The whole 'I don't know why we didn't try and buy X' is something seen often on Red cafe about Silva and Aguero and plenty of others. Just because a player doesn't go somewhere doesn't mean a club didn't try and to be honest, who knew how much work we'd put in with B.Silva? (No one). Just because it's not in the press doesn't mean we haven't been doing a ton of stuff behind closed doors.
All very well except for the very obvious difference that VVD didn't actually go to Liverpool! Pretty sure that if we didn't manage to sign Bernardo then other clubs would have had a dabble before the end of the window. Other than it's a great point.

Difficult game going by past, but this is one where we need to put down a marker and statement that we are gunning for the title especially being at home

3-1 win for us will do the trick

All very well except for the very obvious difference that VVD didn't actually go to Liverpool! Pretty sure that if we didn't manage to sign Bernardo then other clubs would have had a dabble before the end of the window. Other than it's a great point.
No, Saints got taken over in the summer and said not for sale which can only have confused things a bit, plus the Neymar sale made prices go through the roof. They wanted £50m June 1st, they'd have wanted £90m September 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.