La Liga want Man City investigation

So let's get this one straight - Tebas is now moaning about the CFG deal with Girona. The very same deal that La Liga - which he is head of - authorised. Fucking hell, what a weapon!

On a related note, the fact that City didn't charge a loan fee for the players surely flies in the face of oft-repeated accusations that the other clubs that make up the CFG are just a front to help City fudge FFP. Surely if that was the case then we'd be charging extortionate loan fees rather than fuck-all.

Last edited:
Ben Rumsby at the Telegraph........

Any lawsuit against La Liga could coincide with separate legal action in the opposite direction.

Saying he was prepared to give Uefa “six to eight months” to punish both City and PSG before escalating the matter, Tebas added: “If we see that there is no future for that, we will take it to the competition authorities in Brussels and, after that, potentially the courts.”

From my brief reading of the rules relating to state aid is that it applies to member states only.

From my brief reading of the rules relating to state aid is that it applies to member states only.

Yeah, that's what I understand too. And to be honest, when you look at sponsorship deals at clubs other than PSG and City, loads of them get "state aid" from non-EU countries - Real Madrid and Arsenal with their Emirates deals, United with Aeroflot, Liverpool with Garuda, Real again with the Abu Dhabi sponsorship deal of their stadium, etc. If Tebas thinks he can get a rule change that outlaws state aid from all over the globe then not only might it be legally impossible to implement, it's also going to piss off a lot of the so-called established clubs too. He surely hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Can anyone explain what his issue is in regards the players loaned to Girona ? Something to do with FFP but I'm fucked if I can understand what he's on about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.