Mangala

Danilo
Diniho
Kdb
Silva
Mendy

Aguero
Jesus

Walker and Mendy to look after the pace of mane and salah on the counter firmino not that quick and doesn't really run in behind he more drops deep to link play. Also easily changed to 4-3-3 with danilo dropping into holding mid a pushing Jesus and kdb wide.
I think I am in a minority of those whom happens to think Mangala isn't that bad a player. Have him sitting in a holding role in front of the central pairing would give us an extra dimension defensively. With his pace, he would be able to cut across or drop in centrally when the pressure is on?

Having previously said that I didnt think that Mangala would get much game time after refusing a move, it now wouldnt surprise me if we see a back 3 of Ota, Stones & Mangala tomorrow. Who knows, it might work!

If pep has got any sense Mangala won't be anywhere near the side tomorrow because he is not the player for the quick feet and movement of the Liverpool players up front. The last time he played against Liverpool at home he had an absolute nightmare of a game.

I suspect it will be a back 4 tomorrow because if not it makes the decision not to buy another cb even more stupid.

I personally would bring Yaya in to sit in front of the back 4.

God knows what side or formation Pep will pick. Personally I'd like to see Sane start in a forward role, for all the problems they could potentially cause our defence, he could cause theirs just as many

I am of the opinion that Mangers SHOULD be a threat for us at corners and set pieces. French squad member and he did play (on as a sub) in the Euros 2016. He is a BIG unit !.
Otto does his best ( 1 in 10 chances go over or wide) but having a square head doesn't help.

I dread to think of us now playing 3 CB's with Mangala. Liverpool will isolate and press him and they do it very well and already have nightmares about that. For me we have to go 4 at the back and hope Ota and Stones play well.

Well if anything, Kompany being out should hopefully mean 4 at the back which I feel is the best formation to contain Liverpools attack.

Must play four at the back tomorrow - Ota and Stones in the middle. Walker and Mendy the full backs. I might be tempted to play Yaya and Ferny with Sane, Bernardo and KDB just in front and Sergio up top. All depends on who is in decent shape after the internationals given that we play CL this week.

So will it be : Eddie
Walker Otto Stones Mandy
Yaya , Ferny , KdB , Silva D.
Jesus and Sergio.
Sane , Bravo , Mangers ,Gundog , Silva B . and 2 youngsters. on bench ?????????
Raz will get the sponge job.........

Looking forward to seeing Mendy for his second appearance at The Etihad - (Monaco last year )

Jesus - 2 and Sergio - 2 will do me nicely. 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.