City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Just watched the whole game for the first time as I couldn't make it Saturday, but throwing away my blue tinted glasses, I have to say the score has papered over a lot of cracks. Otamendi and Mendy were awful down the left, why didn't Pep bring Danilo over that side earlier? Mangala could be a better bet if Vinnie is out for a while. Mendy again looked fantastic going forward but cumbersome defensively. Danilo looks a bargain signing, Aguero is finding form again and KDB is back to his best. So overall a brilliant result but i'm not getting carried away.

Just watched the whole game for the first time as I couldn't make it Saturday, but throwing away my blue tinted glasses, I have to say the score has papered over a lot of cracks. Otamendi and Mendy were awful down the left, why didn't Pep bring Danilo over that side earlier? Mangala could be a better bet if Vinnie is out for a while. Mendy again looked fantastic going forward but cumbersome defensively. Danilo looks a bargain signing, Aguero is finding form again and KDB is back to his best. So overall a brilliant result but i'm not getting carried away.

Because he knows our defenders will be put under pressure and like he has said our defenders needs balls of steel oh it worked out because we scored 1st against 11.

What a start it's been for us. Second in the table on goal difference. Only United have scored more than us and only Huddersfield have conceded fewer.

I thought both teams were very poor in the first half. Our passing was shit aside from the brilliant pass for the opening goal. We barely strung more than four passes together in one go in their half. But they were just as bad. Our three centre halves were all over the shop n'all. Otamendi had a mare against Salah; Stones was slicing clearances backwards and kept backing off on their breaks to the point of them getting into our box with a one man dribble from the halfway line (see Fernandinho's booking as an example of that where he had to bring down Mane on the edge of the box before he just ran into the box to get a shot away - very poor defending from Stones that and he does it all the time); and Danilo kept giving it away time and again. But i thought their defenders were just as bad. Poor from both sides!

Then we scored but Edesrson still had to make a few saves and a few clearances to get our defenders or midfielders who'd given it away out of the shit and we ballsed up passing in their half which lead to their break where we didn't close the man down and our back three were all over the shop and Mane 'de Jong' kicked Ederson in the head but that could easily have resulted in an equaliser.

From there we settled down but i think we were the same in the first half hour at Bournemouth.

After that we hammered them and it could have been more. It has been a long time coming against those fuckers that result. I absolutely loved handing them a good hiding. Some of our passing and crossing showed Klopp and his players up to be a bit of a gutless bunch of cowards with no defensive tactics. Ten men shouldn't be capitulating like that so where i think we have a hell of a lot of work to do, i think Liverpool have a lot more!

And shame on their fans for booing Ederson when he was stretchered off. Highlights what a horrible set of ****s Scousers are.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a start it's been for us. Second in the table on goal difference. Only United have scored more than us and only Huddersfield have conceded fewer.

We can only finish second as the title is already in the cabinet at the old toilet. Bug tests start now 2 games a week with some difficult away games Watford, Chelsea next 2 away in league.

For f*ck sake Otamendi haters give it a rest, there is not a central defender in the world who can match pace with a decent winger because they have to have enough bulk for the physical stuff.

It was a 3-5-2 with Mendy in midfield. There was no way he could get back to cover Otamendi.

I agree though Salah was a real thorn in our side early on and I was just waiting for otamendi to get a red card. I was also wondering what we could do to stop it and thinking about switching to 4 at the back, but it worked out fine in the end.

I hope Guardiola took note though. If we play against a team with quick wide forwards, we can't afford to play Otamendi as the left sided centre-back as one on one he'll get done. It was the same when we had Kolarov playing there.

We get an advantage through the extra man, but why take the risk. What if the opponent scores first. It changes the game and gives hem something to hang on to. I think we'd be stronger at the back with 4, and yet still have the flair in the team to win games.

For f*ck sake Otamendi haters give it a rest, there is not a central defender in the world who can match pace with a decent winger because they have to have enough bulk for the physical stuff.
Fair point, so why put him one on one with Salah?

Can anyone link me to the pic of Ederson before the medics got on the pitch? Looks like it was taken on a phone, can't find it anywhere! Saw it somewhere yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.