Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear Graham Poll on talkshite just before, slaughtering Clattenburg and basically calling him out for his nonsensical opinion of not being a red. He then gave it out big style to Lineker, Shearer, Wright and Sutton, practically calling them all idiots too.

The only one I had sympathy with was Shearer. He regularly kicked people in the head and got clean away with it. So you can see why he'd think it was fine. The others are just playing up to the Dippers. Linekar and Wright - like Mane are cowards - if you want to be matcho and go in where it hurts - put your head in there - Mane could have gone with his head but chose not to. He failed to make contact with the ball, had both feet off the ground and injured an opponent. He needs to take the consequences of his actions and serve his three match ban.

"As for Liverpool, Jon Moss was absolutely right to send Sadio Mane off for what looked, in my opinion, a dangerous and reckless tackle on City keeper Ederson. The argument that a foul should not be determined by the severity of the injury it causes is something out of a 1982 World Cup semi-final nightmare, when Harald Schumacher escaped without even a booking after knocking Patrick Battiston unconscious."

Garth Crook' s team of the week post. So not all BBC pundits are total wankers.

"As for Liverpool, Jon Moss was absolutely right to send Sadio Mane off for what looked, in my opinion, a dangerous and reckless tackle on City keeper Ederson. The argument that a foul should not be determined by the severity of the injury it causes is something out of a 1982 World Cup semi-final nightmare, when Harald Schumacher escaped without even a booking after knocking Patrick Battiston unconscious."

Garth Crook' s team of the week post. So not all BBC pundits are total wankers.

They are.

But every now and then what they produce isn't total wank. A fine distinction, but an important one ;)

Good to hear Graham Poll on talkshite just before, slaughtering Clattenburg and basically calling him out for his nonsensical opinion of not being a red. He then gave it out big style to Lineker, Shearer, Wright and Sutton, practically calling them all idiots too.
Interesting that all these pundits saying it wasn't a red are all forwards. It'd be interesting to get a view from ex keepers still in the game or who are pundits or even from an ex defenders point of view. No surprise clattenburg thought it was a yellow, is this the same ref who gave a penalty against sterling for a handball off his shoulder outside the box and sent bellamy off as he didn't like him?
I'm sure Ian Wright said on 606 last night he thought it was a red.

The only one I had sympathy with was Shearer. He regularly kicked people in the head and got clean away with it. So you can see why he'd think it was fine. The others are just playing up to the Dippers. Linekar and Wright - like Mane are cowards - if you want to be matcho and go in where it hurts - put your head in there - Mane could have gone with his head but chose not to. He failed to make contact with the ball, had both feet off the ground and injured an opponent. He needs to take the consequences of his actions and serve his three match ban.
To be fair to Mane, I've not seen him whinging about the red. He took a risk, it didn't pay off and he has taken the consequences. Although even if he had won the ball and missed Ederson's head by millimetres, technically it should still have been a red card as it was clearly putting another player in danger. It's the so called experts who seem to think that intent should be a factor when it clearly isn't according to the rules.

Interesting that all these pundits saying it wasn't a red are all forwards. It'd be interesting to get a view from ex keepers still in the game or who are pundits or even from an ex defenders point of view. No surprise clattenburg thought it was a yellow, is this the same ref who gave a penalty against sterling for a handball off his shoulder outside the box and sent bellamy off as he didn't like him?

David James is the only keeper I've seen comment, he said it's a red card.

Not sure if he was wearing his red or blue tinted specs at the time.

Wright said on MOTD it was the right call - he said he didn't like it, and he'd want his player to try for the ball, but the letter of the law says red. Can't ask for much more.

Wright said on MOTD it was the right call - he said he didn't like it, and he'd want his player to try for the ball, but the letter of the law says red. Can't ask for much more.

Must admit i thought i heard him say that. Then ive read all the vitriol towards him as if he'd said it was never a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.