Taxi driver ‘locked teenage girls in cab and drove them to police because they were 60p short

This. Surprised it isn't compulsory at night everywhere.

I'd refuse and wait for another on principle. Once had a driver do that after starting the engine so I got out at the lights.

Also deleted Uber after four consecutive drivers accepted and then cancelled my trip because it clearly wasn't high enough.

Find most taxis terrible.

As soon as people started saying that there might be more to this story, I thought of this song.

on the other hand it could just have been this guy.

c9ee28cad485e59756b09036fc70b33e--robert-richard-movies.jpg

You get the impression that it was the students' sense of entitlement that pissed off the taxi driver.

where does it say they're students?

After reading this i say good on the taxi driver. Why didn;t they go in the house and get the cash from down the sofa.
They think it's funny to deprive a worker of his hard earned cash.
Is it a black cab that has doors that automatically lock.

Last edited:
where does it say they're students?

After reading this i say good on the taxi driver. Why didn;t they go in the house and get the cash from down the sofa.
They think it's funny to deprive a worker of his hard earned cash.
Is it a black cab that has doors that automatically lock.
Good point.

I think I had just noticed the reference to students in a couple of posts before mine. There's no mention in the articles.

confused me too yesterday how thread turned into a bit of student bashing.
I know some students can be dicks but most are just ordinary people who just happen to be students and it's a bit stupid to generalise. I have two kids at uni and they rarely get taxis anywhere because its cheaper on the night bus. There's no indication those girls were students anyway.

I'd refuse and wait for another on principle. Once had a driver do that after starting the engine so I got out at the lights.

Also deleted Uber after four consecutive drivers accepted and then cancelled my trip because it clearly wasn't high enough.

Find most taxis terrible.
Why would you refuse? Whats the difference between paying a tenner when you get in or a tenner when you get out?
Do you pay for a train or bus ticket when you get off?

Not trying to be a smartarse here - but if you took him to a cash machine, why didn't you make sure he had enough cash to pay your fare?

We dont interogate our customers not even in Rozzendorf.
The gent had utilised our services in the past and I had no reason to think he could not pay.
For whatever reason he could not get the cash so I drove him home on a promiscuary level.
Next day he was to pay the office but sadly dissapeared off the radar.
I do not mourn the loss of the £10 because sooner or later he will require our services.

On the graveyard shift it happens but it comes with the territory.
We get runners we get the occational abuse and we get a good share of highly inebriated punters.
But 99.9% recurring are top people and mean no harm.
They are just under the duress of ethanol and their brains are not firing properly.
And anyway I am fortunate after two decades of service to be multi lingual and fluent in English and utter bollocks.
The modus operindi at all times is to get them home quickly and safely.

It's easy to make assumptions in this case but I still think the chap was a dick for taking them to a police station for 60p
He lost ten times that amount by not moving on to the next job.

Most taxi drivers offer outstanding service and work in very difficult environments for low pay.
Low pay compared to the amount of hours they have to work to make up the shortfall.
I don't for a minute say you cannot make a living but in order to do this most have to work a 60 hour week as standard.
The overheads are very high when you factor in fuel insurance,plates,services,badge,depreciation,radio rent,breakdowns,runners and valeting.
I have only worked weekend for the past few years due to the odd dilema but would say in all probability an eighteen century chimney sweep was on more than me.

The next time you get in a taxi give that man a pat on the back for you are in the company of chosen people.

Last edited by a moderator:
MyTaxi (now merged with Hailo) is catching on as a replacement for Uber - it hails licensed cabs and handles the billing of the metered trip by card.

One driver I used in Rome recently said he preferred the app, as he knew who he was collecting, where they were going and the payment was guaranteed, even if the punter failed to pay at the end of the trip.

confused me too yesterday how thread turned into a bit of student bashing.

I think there was an element of dryness au contraire.
Not all of them hug trees spout corbynistic tripe or plaid there mops.
Too much stereotyping out there : /

Bury market day ..Im out of here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.