Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
City won a FA Cup 61 years before them, a League Cup before them, and a European trophy before them, but we have no history? Liverpool was an average club from 1892 to the 60s, then Shankly arrived. 28 years without a league title this season, let's hope it continues for a long time.

Agree with this. Onto Liverpool, they're a mess defensively. They have such a passive midfield when it comes to battling for the ball and they're so wasteful in attack.

In a way, they're reminiscent of us last season, lots of control and domination but you'll always imagine they'll concede.

As usual with Klopp's teams, their performance, individually as well as a unit, depends a lot on their psychology. When things seem to go well for them, their dynamic style and pace will hide their defensive weaknesses. Because, as you say, their defensive line is vulrenable. But their midfield is hardly passive. Their pressing combined with physicality (often extreme physicality tolerated by the refs) can be a pain in the ass for opposition. Also providing runners supporting the attack, often coming from behing with unpredictable off ball movement. The same regarding their finishing, they can indeed be wasteful if they lack confidence (currently for example) or energy (typically the South Americans following international breaks)...

I wrote recently that I believe there are people high up in their hierarchy already regretting their strategy on the Coutinho issue. It was ridiculous. I mean how can it be possible for highly paid directors, responsible for such sensitive issues like transfer strategy, fucking up like this in their decision making. They could have appeared successful in negotiations receiving an unreal offer, they could have seriously improved their squad in areas they lack quality. Now it's too late. The unity of the squad is hurt, I don't know how easy / soon it will be incorporating Coutinho again. And of course they will have to keep on competing with the Klavans and the Lovrens (Matip is also overrated, people who watch the Budesliga regularly understand what I'm talking about), the Alexandersomethingwhatever and the Morenos (you almost felt sorry for both of them during the 5-0 at the Etihad), the ... Milners etc. They simply fucked up, nobody to blame but themselves...

28 years without a league title this season, let's hope it continues for a long time.

And I think it will. They'e been bang average since Klopp took over - and they weren't all that before.

The whole club seems to want to play up to its 'victims' tag. One fan I spoke to is convinced that had Mane not been sent off they would have beaten us easily. I asked him to justify this absurd statement and all he could muster was the usual: "Yeah well, City are a team full of mercenaries, and Pep's a fraud!" No rational discussion, no logical answers to my questions, no attempt at explaining why he thought he was right, just a lazy, childish riposte based entirely upon envy.

It must seriously rankle with both these and the rags something chronic that we've got money, a great future, a terrific ground, players of such trouser-wetting brilliance the likes of which have never graced the Prem before, genuine supporters from Manchester (as opposed to those plastic day-trippers that infest the swamp with their tacky souvenir hats and scarves, like a set of deranged housewives on a jolly to Blackpool for the day), and one of the finest managers in football in charge, getting us to play, fluid, creative football light years away from that stagnant, school playground kick-a-bout excrement the Portuguese Pulis serves up.

Overall, it's looking pretty healthy for us. But for the two most loathsome clubs in the UK, someone should start reading the last rites to them.

Well I think one thing is really clear with this team under Klopp and also previously under Rodgers (dentists dream the pair of them) and that is if they don't score within 20- 25 mins the opposition have a really good chance of getting something out of the game. They looked most likely to score last night early on, didn't and that was that.

Klopp will be back in Germany before you can say dental hygiene if the right job comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.