United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame really because in the past both of the Nevilles have said some ok things, in the past.. unfortunatly it seems they have realised that in order to get the bread buttered its best to just toe the united party line. Money matters more to some than dignity and pride.

Its a shame really because in the past both of the Nevilles have said some ok things, in the past.. unfortunatly it seems they have realised that in order to get the bread buttered its best to just toe the united party line. Money matters more to some than dignity and pride.
I read a book once, can't even recall the author.... wrote for the NME and ended up with a BBC radio show (no, not Danny Kelly or Baker.) Anyway, he was invited to be a 'face' on BBC's ''I love the 70's'' (or 80's) and he'd get 400 quid for the privilege. He turns up at White City and was given a script to read about having a chopper bike or whatever subject they wanted him to discuss. He told them he didn't have a chopper bike (or whatever) saying it was a bit before his time.... there was a stand off between him and the producer.... eventually he thought ''fuck it, 400 quid is 400 quid'' and read the script. On the day the programme was aired, he wasn't even on it!

I read a book once, can't even recall the author.... wrote for the NME and ended up with a BBC radio show (no, not Danny Kelly or Baker.) Anyway, he was invited to be a 'face' on BBC's ''I love the 70's'' (or 80's) and he'd get 400 quid for the privilege. He turns up at White City and was given a script to read about having a chopper bike or whatever subject they wanted him to discuss. He told them he didn't have a chopper bike (or whatever) saying it was a bit before his time.... there was a stand off between him and the producer.... eventually he thought ''fuck it, 400 quid is 400 quid'' and read the script. On the day the programme was aired, he wasn't even on it!

Haha sounds standard for the BBC. To be fair though id blag that I had a chopper for 400 quid. Just too add I worked as a freelancer for the BEEB for a couple of years, worked a couple of shows of Mastermind, did the OB for tennis and shamefully worked on that Johnny Vaughn talk show shambles. I am well versed in the dark arts and bullshit of the BBC

[QUOTE="cookster, post: 10489129, member: 8434"Rashfoot>Mbappe and is underappreciated. Planet fuckwit is missing a resident![/QUOTE]

When rags come out with comments like this, I always heartily agree with them. As far as I'm concerned, the more they believe this guff about players like Rashford, the more pressure there is to play him. The more they play him, the less chance there is of them signing a world class player in that position.

I still remember seeing Phil Neville driving in town, some ageing tramp meandering across the road and Phil getting out to have a go at him all bouncy and posturing, when the tramp turned around and started walking towards him, ol Phil shit himself and couldn't get back in his car and drive off fast enough lmao, Phil you are a twat !

I'm the same just totally agree they have another world class player to add to all the rest. I'm tired of arguing that Anderson is not world class,Darmian isn't going to be the best right back in the world, PHIL Jones will be better than Bobby Moore, Kagawa is a steel and will be sensational. The list is endless but I'm not discussing it anymore.
Anyone add anymore ? We could smash the thread page record haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.