Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start to worry when we get proper confirmation. It could be weeks, months, a year... no one knows.

Delph was superb last night and got back even when he was turned. Between him and Danilo, we are covered for now.

I posted yesterday they initially felt it would be a month or so out, so can only apologise about jumping the gun on that

Whilst Castles is talking the 9 monther, I have literally just been told they fully expect and are planning for a recovery timeframe of up to 7 months

His season is done

You said he was also in Barca.... his recovery time ffs

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. We never learn

Not entirely true that we failed to prepare. Danilo was purchased because he can play either side and I reckon they were working on Delph as possible LB cover last season. I'm sure Fab made a cryptic comment last year that implied a different role for him (in addition to his usual midfield one). However, it does look like both the areas we were potentially vulnerable in the event of injury have become problems.

The most annoying thing about this isn't that we don't have another LB, it's that we won't get to see the full potential of this team until he's back. We simply won't be as effective without him.

We won't find anyone who can cross a ball like him but we may get someone who currently defends better. Swings and roundabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.