Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said that nobody knows - which is true (there has been no official diagnosis). But if there is suspected ligament damage, the doctor would have performed the Lachman test, which doesn't require any equipment (you place your hands on the leg and test for excessive forward movement of the tibia compared to the upper leg). If the Lachman was negative, it would pretty much rule out a torn ACL, in which case it seems unlikely Pep would have said what he did.
Doing a Lachman on an acutely swollen knee is pretty difficult to interpret.

Feck , the one signing I was so desperate for this summer who looks the business , will be a big loss , lets hope it doesnt cost us the title

Gutted, hope he stays around the place for his recovery and is involved with the team. Seems to have settled in brilliantly, for me Bertrand would be the ideal option in Jan

Club says it's a rupture, is that different from a torn ACL. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part. Gutted as he made a massive difference in the games he played so far. We have some really bad luck with injuries. This is a big dent in our title challenge. Pissed off now, off to the Pub. :-(

How could you know, apparently a rupture can be a small tear to a bigger tear. Mendy himself is saying two months he may be optimistic and giving the the shorter time of a window he has been given, but he wouldnt have just made that up.

Well considering i've ruptured my ACL's on both knees, several MRI's, several consultations, hours and hours of research, watched my own surgery and a combined 18 month rehab i'm in a decent position to know. Any damage to an ACL damages the integrity of it. He might also have meniscus damage which is very common with ACL injuries, but very rarely reported in ACL injury announcements. Even if it's a partial tear, every surgeon in the world would advise a sportsman to have a full reconstruction. I had a 25% partial in my right knee and they strongly advised I had a reconstruction. I work in an office and play 5 a side.

It'll be 9 months, i'd love to be wrong but I very much doubt I am unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.