Delph sits out England training

He's a smart boy is our Delphy! :-)
Hope so; but an opportunity like this, grab it.
Hope youre right, and tbh I'm not too fussed about him pulling out of these England games - like to see Raheem do the same
Outside of tournaments, international qualifiers rarely throw 2 decent teams together & if Delph was at a mid table team, local derbies & a cup run is about the best he could hope for. As I'm typing this, KDB's goal is being shown on SSN.

You can see the absolute delight on Delph's face when KDB scored. He must still have Pep's MoTM praises from his last 2-3 games still ringing in his ears, so it's completely understandable that he doesn't want to risk that. I hate International football & can't see why qualifiers can't be held at the end of the season between May & July. Tournaments could be played between June & July so there is minimal disruption to the football season.

Like @chesterbells said, I wish all our players would follow suit & have 2 weeks rest instead of risking burn out by playing International football on top of a congested domestic & European season.

delph will be fine, picked up a strain maybe due to high intense, needs a rest.

lets face it he is buzzing at being back in the city team, probably as exciting a time of any part of his football career where he can win major titles and play in a team that looks like going down in history.

"So Delphie, do you want to jeopardise a good spell in the city team by playing for England in a qualifier nobody will watch" ?

I imagine we're keeping Delph as far away from international duty as much as we can to ensure he has a good campaign for us through the Christmas period.

No sense allowing players like Delph and Vinnie risk themselves with international games when they've suffered so much with injuries, it's not like they won't be called up for the world cup especially if they have a good season showing consistent form without any more long term injuries.

International games are a real pain in the arse.
I wish they'd just scrap it altogether.
Gets worse next season, in Sept, Oct, and Nov 52 teams play in the European Nations League. England will play in a 6 team seeded League. Not too sure how it's decided but the top 4 sides from the league matches play semi finals and a final in June 2019. The play offs for the 2020 Euros take place from March 2019 to Nov 2019 but if any of the semi finalist from the Nations League fail to qualify they automatically get a play off spot!!

Absolute shte and is just a money making exercise for UEFA and all the twats that run it like that bent twat Gill.

My season is ruined by these International breaks, not good for the players, the club's and the fans.

Anyone out there there who gives a shit about the National team?

With all the international players we've got flying all over the world, let's keep fingers crossed they all come back fit, please God.

Anyone out there there who gives a shit about the National team?

Not me for sure. I have watched the rags & dippers dominated England teams sink & sink & sink for the last 50 years. Now a totally pointless exercise just to enrich the blazer brigade. Complete waste of time & space.

Its games against the likes of Stoke at home next where we will find out about Delph at LB.

Its ok playing against Shakhtar and Chelsea, big high profile games where he wants to prove he can play a part. But home to Stoke, he needs to keep his level high, work as hard, and he will need to be a lot better in an attacking sense against Stoke and Burnley. Totally different games to what he's played so far. Fingers crossed he's just as effective for us in these types of games.

Its games against the likes of Stoke at home next where we will find out about Delph at LB.

Its ok playing against Shakhtar and Chelsea, big high profile games where he wants to prove he can play a part. But home to Stoke, he needs to keep his level high, work as hard, and he will need to be a lot better in an attacking sense against Stoke and Burnley. Totally different games to what he's played so far. Fingers crossed he's just as effective for us in these types of games.

To be honest he has kind of already done that away at West Brom. As for the people above asking who cares about the national team I'm sure you will all have England flags hanging out of windows when the world cup comes around :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.