Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

Was curious if this would come up. And whether the US psyche associates guns with freedom in a way that British folk might not understand. In this way British
people trying to tell americans what to do with guns could, I imagine, easily be perceived as an attempt to take away freedom (even if not consciously) 200 years after independence.
Of course it does. I wouldn't have, or need, a gun in Manchester. However, if I lived out in the country, you can bet your ass I'd have a shotgun, no matter where I lived.

I look forward to it. I'd just shout take what you want I'm insured for plenty.

Just an observation about the fear level. Reinforced by American shows like Mahers whose show examines how the right wing media try to terrify people. Everything's a threat.

Peoples fear of Islamic terrorism
Is off the charts. We aren't in the same league regarding people fearing an islamic attack and we are much more likely to have one.

A lot of people believe this hyped up shit and are actually in fear, where no real threat exists, then to solve that they buy a gun, but are still scared, so they buy another, but still edgy, they buy an assault rifle.

Where does it end. When will they realise it's designed to make them scared to sell them guns and to have a big military.

Easily scared. I stand by that.( not everyone obviously but enough)
I can't help you, because you refuse to understand, or incapable of doing so....and I'm not saying it is necessarily your fault. Move to America, I'll pick a place for you to live, then let me know if you want a handgun! ;-)

Oh ok, so statistics are wrong now? Check the safewise report if you don't want to take my word for it.

You said: Also, most burglaries seem to take place between 10 am and 3pm, so you're likely not even home to shoot anyone.

I said: You are wrong....on at least one of your assertions!

I'm not sure the shotgun shell will worry them too much if they come in with an assault rifle. Maybe you need a proper gun emplacement at the top of the stairs with sandbags around it.

Honestly, this whole America gun thing is nothing more than male overcompensation.
Yep. That must be it. Male overcompensation is what kicked the British out of America! Rewrite the history books and rewrite the Constitution, we have a breakthrough!

Yikes!

You said: Also, most burglaries seem to take place between 10 am and 3pm, so you're likely not even home to shoot anyone.

I said: You are wrong....on at least one of your assertions!

Yeah the trivial one of you possibly being at home. Still, statistically speaking, locks and alarm systems provide better safety than a gun.

Because you simply stated I was wrong without deeming it necessary to elaborate.
Why do I need to elaborate when you make assertions about things about which you have absolutely no knowledge! You asserted something you couldn't know and I told you you were wrong. I don't need to explain, you need to not make assertions about things about which you know nothing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.