Napoli post-match thread

Which team in Europe is better than Napoli at the moment, except us? Not many! They are currently on par with Real, Juve and PSG. That puts some perspective on our win tonight.

great win and man management from pep and city can now just cost if they want in the champions league 1 point is enough to take us to the knockouts with 3 games to play yes we looked 2nd to the ball in the 2nd half and they are a good team but we just seamed to take a look at them tonight and think ok we know your main points and we are a better team then you

its the first time in europe we have control the game vs a good team and we knew we could go up 2 or 3 gears if need be but we just let them play right in front of us and stones was man of the match and just control the game from there and we could have really folded when they pressured us but did not control is the key word here and pep put the magic back in the box for bigger games and i seen it with the 2 goals we just hit the ball long and wide and the pace of the wingers just opened them up and KDB just took the ball free from anybody just outside the box its a magic bit of football

I really enjoy this playing from the back and contrary to many here I think it worked quite well. I just do not understand why are people so nervous about it, it served the purpose and we'll be getting even better. And for me, Dinho had a very good game.

First half the midfielders were more fluid coming back to take the pass out which gave the back 4 more options. They didn't do it as much in the second half

Ederson got audacity to play from the back even under immense pressure.
Cool cat with ball on his feet .
Pep might turn him into a class midfielder ;)

Superb first 35 mins when we should have been 4 - 0. I think the booking affected Kev and he was not effective in the 2nd half.

Second half Napoli stepped up and tiredness kicked in with City, notably Dhinho, Walker, Delph and Sane had poor games.

Definitely need another lb in the Jan window and if Dhino gets injured we have a problem. Nevertheless another win, happy days

Job done, was always gonna be tough, but tbf deapite them pressing us never felt threatened by them getting past us except in a dead ball situation.

I was more afraid of their diving and holding their faces than any of the chances they created (which was pretty much zero)

First half the midfielders were more fluid coming back to take the pass out which gave the back 4 more options. They didn't do it as much in the second half

The wide men too first half as Ederson played the ball out high a number of times first half but not 2nd. I think energy levels dipped and Napoli went for it as they are really in a precarious position now. If we beat them there and Shaktar win, it's pretty much over for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.