General Videogame Thread

Rockstar are my favourite game company. I expect to get bent over by EA, Ubisoft, activision etc but Rockstar have usually done good by their fans and release high quality content.

My concern is they will turn their focus from the single player campaigns (which have made them great) to the multiplayer aspect. I wish i could get into gta online but I just can't. I find it a grind and it's not as easy to just muck about like on single player where you can enter cheats, reload previous saves at will, essentially have unlimited money etc. It doesn't help that none of my mates play online too.

Rockstar's single player campaigns separate them from the rest of the gaming world, I hope they don't lose that in the future because of greed.

There's your problem mate. Cheats. Try playing the single player without them. It's very rewarding. If you do the missions, especially the assassinations, in the right order then you get all the money you will ever need. Then you can fuck about to your hearts content.

As far as online goes there's more than enough content to play online on your jack but I admit you do have to find the right server. Still, with all the heists, biker stuff, races etc etc around it's not that hard to find willing people to play online with.

The next 2 big Rockstar titles, Red Dead and the new GTA, will be very online geared as it's the way forward. There will still be a single player, it's what they do very well, but, like GTA online, content is where it's at baby!

VR will never became the norm, just like waving your arms about and 3D tv never became the norm, because they are a pain in the arse. Most people want to sit down and relax while playing games, anything that takes up more effort than that will never become the norm imo. 4K is different though as it's just like the jump from regular to HD, it doesn't change anything on your end, it just looks better

4k gaming will take off faster with the console kiddies than the PC gamer due to the cost of the monitors and the graphic power needed to run a 4k game. GTA 5 looks lush in 4k but it really adds nothing to the game. Who pays attention to the graphics when you are bowling along at 200mph?

4k gaming will take off faster with the console kiddies than the PC gamer due to the cost of the monitors and the graphic power needed to run a 4k game. GTA 5 looks lush in 4k but it really adds nothing to the game. Who pays attention to the graphics when you are bowling along at 200mph?
When the next gen of consoles comes out and they're all 4k, that's when it'll explode I reckon. At the moment it's a bit much to spend £3-400 on a new console that doesn't actually play any new games than the one you already own, but will make some of them look a bit sharper. But once you have a 4k console and it's time to buy a new TV, you're going to get a 4k one aren't you?

When the next gen of consoles comes out and they're all 4k, that's when it'll explode I reckon. At the moment it's a bit much to spend £3-400 on a new console that doesn't actually play any new games than the one you already own, but will make some of them look a bit sharper. But once you have a 4k console and it's time to buy a new TV, you're going to get a 4k one aren't you?

Yup.

Doesn't help me with my PC though does it...

VR will never became the norm, just like waving your arms about and 3D tv never became the norm, because they are a pain in the arse. Most people want to sit down and relax while playing games, anything that takes up more effort than that will never become the norm imo. 4K is different though as it's just like the jump from regular to HD, it doesn't change anything on your end, it just looks better
I do actually think VR will become the norm. Probably not in the way some people think with people jumping around like cunts in VR suits but just with a headset to make games so much more immersive. The way I see it is people still sat on their sofa playing a game but with the headset on rather than watching a screen. As soon as it becomes affordable and all games are produced for VR headset I'd go for it and I'm an old fart.

I do actually think VR will become the norm. Probably not in the way some people think with people jumping around like cunts in VR suits but just with a headset to make games so much more immersive. The way I see it is people still sat on their sofa playing a game but with the headset on rather than watching a screen. As soon as it becomes affordable and all games are produced for VR headset I'd go for it and I'm an old fart.
I was thinking this when I played the preview for the new gran turismo game last week. VR where your immersed inside the car with the stands flying passed you at 200mph would be incredible. Looking out of your side window as you are neck and neck with another car, would make the game incredible.

Yes, totally agree. I did watch a tutorial on how to defend in the new system which said that if you try to defend how you have done over the years, you will fail because they have totally changed what you have to do. It all made sense and I gave it a bit of a go but I was still struggling and frankly it was too much like hard work. I get FIFA in the hope that I can pick it up and have a bit of a go on it without too much hassle, I don't want to feel like it's a full-time job to work out how to do the basics of the game. EA are cunts.

I couldn't agree more. I like small changes to Fifa, particularly how you can score goals, but don't change the fundamentals of defending and make it just as complicated as attacking.

Problem with VR is that its causing a lot of motion sickness, everyone I know who has VR have either sent it back or just not invested anymore money into it.... as someone who has played VR before I can vouch that it is very uncomfortable, and is a real strain on the eyes.
I can't see it taking off like the Kinect/PS Camera (or anything else that requires general movement) did, as one VR is way over priced and 2 the amount of space required for majority of the games is a full room worth.
It'll spike as a gimick for now then next 5 years it'll start to drop in the market.

VR will take off if the premier league and the football clubs get involved. Watching your team sat in a virtual reality box with all the atmosphere sounds pinging through your VR. Long way of yet but I feel that gaming won’t be the one the kicks it on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.