General Videogame Thread

Anyone played much Fifa 18? It's awful! I've got a PS4 and it's just impossible to defend. Games are so unrealistic
Yes, totally agree. I did watch a tutorial on how to defend in the new system which said that if you try to defend how you have done over the years, you will fail because they have totally changed what you have to do. It all made sense and I gave it a bit of a go but I was still struggling and frankly it was too much like hard work. I get FIFA in the hope that I can pick it up and have a bit of a go on it without too much hassle, I don't want to feel like it's a full-time job to work out how to do the basics of the game. EA are cunts.

Anyone thinking of getting the Xbox one x?

I'm contemplating it, but it's very expensive....best I've see so far as it covers 2 games I'm planning to get is:

Xbox one x
Assassins creed
Shadow of war
FORZA 7
2 month now tv pass
£562

Console alone is £450 ish....crazy pricing for 4K gaming but no VR compatability

Anyone thinking of getting the Xbox one x?

I'm contemplating it, but it's very expensive....best I've see so far as it covers 2 games I'm planning to get is:

Xbox one x
Assassins creed
Shadow of war
FORZA 7
2 month now tv pass
£562

Console alone is £450 ish....crazy pricing for 4K gaming but no VR compatability
Fucking hell that's scandalous. Probably just a fad like 3D TV's. On the surface it looks good but I'm sure standing up, looking around with a silly device on your head will tire after the novelty wears off. See the Wii and kinetic.

Anyone else sick of all the loot boxes/micro-transactions in games these days? It's a disgrace! Developers purposely making games a grind to encourage players to buy in game currency with real money. This shit has gotta stop asap. The new Star Wars game would be ok if it weren't for the loot boxes (crates). You see this shit pulled in nearly every game released now. The new NBA live game has loot boxes and you can't even edit or create players/rosters...seriously, wtf!

Online multiplayer has ruined gaming for me. I'm concerned for Red Dead 2 and the future GTA games. I've always loved the single player campaigns but even Rockstar are realising the money is in the online modes and they are a letdown for me. GTA online is bang average imo but it gets all the attention/DLC nowadays. Single player campaigns allow for a lot more immersion and story but developers don't make continuous money off them once the initial game as been bought.

I've been a gamer my whole life but getting annoyed with the whole industry now. No creativity; all we get are sequels, fps games, unfinished games so developers can charge for DLC later on, games purely focused on the online aspect, and games with micro-transactions & loot boxes to rip off the gamers who make the industry what it is.

It's a way of making more cash unfortunately. Games companies like Rockstar, not content with the 40 odd quid from each sale, saw a gap in the market and charged right in.

On the plus side, especially as a PC gamer, the extras you can buy are cosmetic mostly and don't effect the game play. PUBG, Rocket League etc etc are all perfectly brilliant without the added extra content. In Rockstars defence, they do release free content on a massive scale compared to other games companies.

All of the modern games I have tried, from The Division, great idea ruined by Ubisoft, to Battlefield 1, great game ruined by the recent patch, all have micro transactions.

Looking forward to Star Wars, the beta was not bad, Sea of Thieves and Red Dead 2. The first 2 of these will have cosmetic do-dahs which I can do without but Red Dead 2 will pull me in probably, who doesn't want to dress up as a cowboy?

All AAA titles will have extra content. It's the way of the world.

Oh @foetus, GTA Online is a great blast on a PC with loads of mates. The clan/ group I have been in since 2000 all have it and we have some right drunken race nights.

It's a way of making more cash unfortunately. Games companies like Rockstar, not content with the 40 odd quid from each sale, saw a gap in the market and charged right in.

On the plus side, especially as a PC gamer, the extras you can buy are cosmetic mostly and don't effect the game play. PUBG, Rocket League etc etc are all perfectly brilliant without the added extra content. In Rockstars defence, they do release free content on a massive scale compared to other games companies.

All of the modern games I have tried, from The Division, great idea ruined by Ubisoft, to Battlefield 1, great game ruined by the recent patch, all have micro transactions.

Looking forward to Star Wars, the beta was not bad, Sea of Thieves and Red Dead 2. The first 2 of these will have cosmetic do-dahs which I can do without but Red Dead 2 will pull me in probably, who doesn't want to dress up as a cowboy?

All AAA titles will have extra content. It's the way of the world.

Oh @foetus, GTA Online is a great blast on a PC with loads of mates. The clan/ group I have been in since 2000 all have it and we have some right drunken race nights.
Rockstar are my favourite game company. I expect to get bent over by EA, Ubisoft, activision etc but Rockstar have usually done good by their fans and release high quality content.

My concern is they will turn their focus from the single player campaigns (which have made them great) to the multiplayer aspect. I wish i could get into gta online but I just can't. I find it a grind and it's not as easy to just muck about like on single player where you can enter cheats, reload previous saves at will, essentially have unlimited money etc. It doesn't help that none of my mates play online too.

Rockstar's single player campaigns separate them from the rest of the gaming world, I hope they don't lose that in the future because of greed.

Fucking hell that's scandalous. Probably just a fad like 3D TV's. On the surface it looks good but I'm sure standing up, looking around with a silly device on your head will tire after the novelty wears off. See the Wii and kinetic.

I don't know man, 4k gaming and tv will eventually become the norm. And the natural progression for games will be vr headsets.

Just completed South Park The Fractured But Whole.... brilliant! Funny as fuck, and as far as the gameplay goes very similar to stick of truth but the battles system is alot better.

The TV show has died off a bit lately but playing this game the humour was like a blast to the old south park! A good improvement from the stick of truth.

I don't know man, 4k gaming and tv will eventually become the norm. And the natural progression for games will be vr headsets.
VR will never became the norm, just like waving your arms about and 3D tv never became the norm, because they are a pain in the arse. Most people want to sit down and relax while playing games, anything that takes up more effort than that will never become the norm imo. 4K is different though as it's just like the jump from regular to HD, it doesn't change anything on your end, it just looks better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.