Breaking records/stats thread

When all the official records seem say its a win, why are you so desperate for it not to be recorded as a win?
Because I like stats, the club nor sky are an official source. Gary is effectively the official source and who the club will have checked with before going to press, he has stated the precedent is united claiming the moscow final as a win yet their doesn't seem to be a record of that in fact quite the opposite bbc has it in their stats as a draw as so does the united stats site. Gary then said IFAB is the overall body yet they say penalties take place after a match ends.

I'm quite happy to claim a win but all the facts point to it being a draw for stats purposes.

At the time he recorded his 100th (or 99th depending on your view) Euro win http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-should-a-penalty-shoot-out-victory-be-viewed.

There's no point debating this any more - for sequences a win is a win no matter what the method is to select the win. The BBC, SKY, City and the FL see it as a win and an increase in City's consecutive record. The IFAB sit above FIFA and say a penalty shoot out determines the winner of a match (note not they do not refer to it as a tie - a two legged tie could be probably be debated) that has to have a winner. I'm not bothered either way but the precedents are there, the rules are there and those that do matter - City, the FL, IFAB etc. have a clear view. I'm just a statistician who is happy to record it properly, not a judge. In years gone by the Association of Football Statisticians would make their views known on this. I was a life member (who outlived the organisation) and debates like this would happen often before a consensus was reached. But one thing that was always clear was that one-off games decided by penalties were always won by a team and lost by one and therefore included in sequences. Thanks.

That'll do for me. Thanks and well done City!

Dont bother pal your posts prove you know next to nothing about city.
Oh here we go billy big bollocks now... get over yourself "pal". It was a joke... and you're also wrong! Your posts show know next to nothing about anything. ;)

Last edited:
Calling a home and away blue a red isn't a joke.
Rather than being a knob explain which part of my post is wrong.
I think Gary James did as good a job as anyone to explain it for you. What's next extra time goals don't count because they weren't in normal time? That's probably what you're missing "normal time" can end but the game itself goes on and is "decided" either in extra time or penalties. The match doesn't "finish" on the whistle for normal time.

So no Aguero's record wasn't broken last night but the match was decided on penalties and City win the tie.

But they clearly do record last night as a win as they State we have moved in to 12 in a row.
Yes but that is because they are running with City's story. It can't be counted as a win for one and not for the other team otherwise stats would be pointless. And if they were pointless we wouldn't be debating it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.