West Brom (a) pre-match thread

West Brom (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since we played away. The karaoke-leg vs WBA seems like it was played only yesterday though. We totally outplayed them up until the moment they kicked out Gundogan and derailed the rythm only to make the game even more physical after that. And as we tried to go along, we lost control and looked vulnerable.

We know we have the better team. And we know WBA will try and make it hard for us. It's all about taking our chances and be clinical. We know we will create plenty. If we have a tough game it's because we bring this on to ourselves. That is how good we are nowadays. So I expect a win and it'll be a bonus if we do it in an entertaining way like we have been doing most of the time so far this season.
We haven't been at our best in recent games. Hopefully a rested David Silva & KDB will have us back to our best. If we are on our game, we win which is more or less the story every week.

Will be a bus parking and kicking exercise. Hate West Broms methods. Avoid injury please. 2-0 City.

Pullis saying he's going to do things a little bit different tomorrow so looking at the way he normally plays we could be looking at 11 keepers .

Yes pulis will do things differently, he won’t wear his baseball cap and that black top, but he will still play negative , park the bus type football

I think this could be a game where we could revert back to 3-5-2.. they are not going to cause us any problems, only going to sit deep and changing this formation helps us bring in more creativity. With Napoli and Arsenal coming up when we will want to try and keep the same team that played against chelsea for the arsenal game and maybe one or two different for the napoli game.

Reverting to 3 at the back helps us protect Delph who we need to keep fit until Xmas

Think we may see Yaya, Gudogan & danilo starting in either the West brom match of Napoli match

Huge week!!

We haven't been at our best in recent games. Hopefully a rested David Silva & KDB will have us back to our best. If we are on our game, we win which is more or less the story every week.

I'm sorry Marvin, but what recent games? Napoli? One of European best teams at the moment? Wolves? With about 7 or 8 changes breaking down a parked bus?
To me that leaves Burnley, one of the best performing away sides at the moment that we beat, what 3-0 with Ederson hardly a save to make?
Unless you are one of several who actually believe we can swipe away every opponent by at least 5 goals or more. The growing proces in to playing the beautiful football Pep likes to see is still ongoing you know? And finally this is the PL, not the best, but surely by far the hardest league for every top team. So every game we win by a big margin and playing beautiful football (it often comes both ways) is a bonus mate. Nothing more but a bonus. It can never be the expectation.

Despite what Pulis says, I suspect tactics will be what my pet Wolves mate says are "control the game deep and break with pace" (or 11 in the box and hoof it, as I prefer to call it)

If that doesn't work they'll try kicking lumps out of us.

I'm in geordieland this weekend and as the rather poor response to my "pubs in geordieland that may show the match" thread indicates, will have to settle for the wireless... Unless that lad with his phone streams it...

Hi all, am currently in berlin on a 50th - any advice on where to watch the game tomorrow. Staying in Mitte. All suggestions welcome & appreciated. Cheers. K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.