Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

I've said plenty of positives already, so please don't take this the wrong way.

But I thought it was worth mentioning that at times we were hoofing it up the field far too much, and when we did that, we conceded possession every time and went back to defending again. Napoli pressed us better than any team I've seen this season, cutting off angles and putting our defenders under immense pressure. Delph in particular ended up passing it back to Ederson pretty often.

We need to really work on keeping our composure and not resorting to hoofing it. We just do not have the midfield or strikers to win the ball if it's hoofed forward.

That said, I don't think any PL side this season will press us as well as Napoli did. The danger for any side trying to do this is of course once we've beaten the press, we've taken 3 or 4 or 5 opposition players right out of the game and we can attack them at speed.

I counted, and we hoofed it 4 times

Some times it requires a big hoof to clear the decks .if oposition are pressing hard like last night 1 cock up can be a disastor and we nearly gifted them when we got a bit complacent doing the passing from the back .

The way we passed the ball around in the last 10 minutes was very impressive.

The way we passed the ball around in the last 10 minutes was very impressive.
Pep had obviously given David Silva instructions to keep ball when he came on & they did that brilliantly.

One thing I really loved was Brian Kidd joining in the players' celebrations after Sterling goal. Don't know why, but it just warmed the cockles. He was right in there, seemed very proud of the lads.

I've said plenty of positives already, so please don't take this the wrong way.

But I thought it was worth mentioning that at times we were hoofing it up the field far too much, and when we did that, we conceded possession every time and went back to defending again. Napoli pressed us better than any team I've seen this season, cutting off angles and putting our defenders under immense pressure. Delph in particular ended up passing it back to Ederson pretty often.

We need to really work on keeping our composure and not resorting to hoofing it. We just do not have the midfield or strikers to win the ball if it's hoofed forward.

That said, I don't think any PL side this season will press us as well as Napoli did. The danger for any side trying to do this is of course once we've beaten the press, we've taken 3 or 4 or 5 opposition players right out of the game and we can attack them at speed.
Napoli worked extremely hard at the beginning to stop us playing out but it was never going to last. They ran out of steam after 25mins & couldn't maintain the pressing.
Sometimes you're left with no option but to hoof it but yeah I agree we did that a little too much early on.

One thing I really loved was Brian Kidd joining in the players' celebrations after Sterling goal. Don't know why, but it just warmed the cockles. He was right in there, seemed very proud of the lads.

He is loving it isn't he - what a job he has.

So far teams we’ve faced tired parking double dicker , press and attack .
Nothing seems to work against us.
Managers must be fuming how to cope with this city’s team.

It's weird how last season the way we were playing everybody was suspicious..start of the season included..all of a sudden from out of the blue..this amazing breathtakingly beautiful football we are playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.