VAR (PL introduction 2019)

i wonder how they would have ruled Silva's position in the Jesus goal, and how ruddy long it would take em to do it

i remember the France international the other month, seemingly clear cut cases for the VAR, but it still took about 45 secs and the players sort of stood about waiting, it was all a bit crap

My first thoughts too. Are playing going to have to stand about and wait after scoring certain goals to be 'cleared'? Sounds good in theory but will introduce problems.

My first thoughts too. Are playing going to have to stand about and wait after scoring certain goals to be 'cleared'? Sounds good in theory but will introduce problems.
aye that's what they did in that friendly. France scored and the crowd went wild but it went to VAR and everyone sort of stood around with hands on hips. The goal got chalked off and the crowd were a bit miffed.

funnily enough, there was also a goal disallowed for offside that was then awarded by VAR. the crowd sort of went "yay" but it was a really muted response to a goal.

VAR wont remove all doubt, there'll still be room for subjectivity as their is in rugby and cricket

its wank in italy
That was evident the other week when a Juve shot hit an Atalanta player on the shoulder and it went to VAR and the ref still awarded a penalty!! If ever you wanted evidence that Juve get all the decisions then summed it up.

To me that's not really an issue, soon enough the whole world will be on our side enjoying the beautiful game. My issue is the stop start nature of it. Pundits can look at an incident all week and still not agree, so how long is it going to be before we are having American style breaks all the way through the game making it last all day while we spend more on hotdogs and become the same stature as our American friends. Sorry but it's not for me.

If there is a contentious issue then the game stops anyway.

Just don’t get why they don’t start with offside first. The tech for tracking players positions is already well developed and the rule is pretty black and white so it should be possible to automate it. That may then allow the “referees assistants” to actually assist.

Hope they only use this for goals, penalties, and red cards. Don't need them to be reviewing and stopping matches for ever call.

At first I was right behind the idea. Having seen it being used at the confederations cup and in Serie A I can safely say that I do not want it in its current form. Maybe for offsides, goal line technology etc but no other decisions.

VAR wich is short for video asssisted referee system .or somet like that.I t going to be trialled in the Uk for the England and Germany game at Wembley then inncertain FA cup games next season .I f it a success what the fu*k is the likes of all the moaning managers and pundits going to talk about .They might even have to agree that Sterling is not a diver but Ashley Young is.The bonus is City should start getting loads more penalties watch this space.
Unless they show it on the big screen it's a waste if time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.