Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stoked you're teaching me something!! I love to learn!

So, I take what you say on board, but then I'm bothered by this data I picked up from Poverty Research on a 2016 census reading...

https://poverty.ucdavis.edu/faq/what-current-poverty-rate-united-states

poverty_threshold_2016_chart.jpg

This is the chart from the year before that puts things at a similar rate...
poverty_rate_historical_0.jpg

So, to me, there's a 10% shortfall from the info you have to what the research suggest up until 2016 (again, not including the hidden figures I said earlier).

So, tell me, what I'm reading wrong in this data, please?

No, but "poverty" as defined and minimum wage are two different things. Of course I would assume a very large portion of folks below the poverty line are unemployed, or underemployed, and/or living on assistance, and/or live in areas where the cost of living is high relative to income, whatever it is.

Anyone think it’s odd that a sitting president is begging Saudi Arabia to launch an IPO on the NYSE?

Early days, but looks like Democrats are doing very well in the Virginia state elections. Governor, Lt. Gov and AG all going blue thus far. Trump's unpopularity a big driver to Democratic turnout; Republicans still carrying precincts Trump won but turnout down for reds.

There were township and school board elections near me that all went Democrat despite being outregistered by 1.5 to 1. Democrats had never swept those seats ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.