Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another unpresidented gem: referring to the democrat senator Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas" meanwhile proving once more that he's an illiterate thicko.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Pocahontas just stated that the Democrats, lead by the legendary Crooked Hillary Clinton, rigged the Primaries! Lets go FBI & Justice Dept.

04:55 - 3 nov. 2017

Another unpresidented gem: referring to the democrat senator Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas" meanwhile proving once more that he's an illiterate thicko.

I'm guessing he doesn't realise just how racist that comment is, even if she did possibly lie about her Native American ancestry.

Here's an excellent example of the kind of stuff that irritates me, this time coming from the other side of spectrum than the gamer alt-right contingent.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2016/home.htm

It's 2.7% of the population earning the Federally-mandated minimum wage (or below), not "well over half".

What's annoying is that "well over half" violates the common sense rule if you take a mere five seconds of brainpower to just think about it, or only ten seconds to Google the actual official government report where the data is.

Yet then the "fact" is followed by the usual tired castigation of "media" and "big corps", blah blah blah.

Not to pick on you @Bigga, and I get the point about uneven distribution of wealth, but please don't make yourself yet another victim of the facts-created-out-of-thin-air brigade. We have enough of them on both sides.

I know you're not picking on me and I don't propose to know everything in the USA as political POV. I just find the correlation between certain countries super interesting and I immerse myself, as much as I can in what I can understand.

With that said, I have seen some data that puts poverty/ minimum wage at 14%, not taking into account any foreign undocumented workers and below-the-counter wages for people not within the federal register census for workers.

So I wouldn't take a Gov site as gospel, with respect. All Govts manipulate figures.

So, does the Thick Troll not understand that when Warren talks about 'rigging the system' she means that big corporate donors select a candidate they want to represent them, so the Dems pick that person too? That means 'voting along party lines' which all political parties do, at some point!

Progressives already know this, which is why they're pushing for a third party as they can't break the system.

No need for the FBI, Donald.

Go back to bed...

So I wouldn't take a Gov site as gospel, with respect. All Govts manipulate figures.

I've been dealing with the Dept. of Commerce and Dept. of Labor stats for over 20 years of my career, including with the PhDs and other civil servants who collect the data and produce the reports. One can argue that sometimes the collection methodology is antiquated, or that the constructs aren't sound (many times, the folks themselves argue that! -- cf. inflation rate data). But the Fed and an awful lot of others rely on this data's impartiality, accuracy and timeliness, and I've never seen a whiff of evidence that it's manipulated. If anything, the vast majority of the data lags field conditions just because I hear about field conditions first from companies in the field.

The bureaucracy is vast and subject to its own governance, especially at the mid-levels well below the Secretary. It's not called "the fourth branch" for nothing. Similarly, I believe the Supreme Court is truly an independent entity of the Executive -- if anything, nearly every President hasn't gotten out of his nominees politically what he thought he would. Ask Nixon!

You may be able to tell I'm not much for conspiracy theories.

I'd be interested to find out what the existing military service personnel think about what Trump said.
HIS SUPPORTERS AGREE WITH E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G HE SAYS. I know and have talked to people that want him dead, facts do not matter. These people also have zero sympathy for anybody but themselves. Just like Dumb Donald, they believe they've been screwed over by society because it's no longer acceptable to say the n-word. The only thing that will make them happy is dead brown people piled as high as you can see.

I know you're not picking on me and I don't propose to know everything in the USA as political POV. I just find the correlation between certain countries super interesting and I immerse myself, as much as I can in what I can understand.

With that said, I have seen some data that puts poverty/ minimum wage at 14%, not taking into account any foreign undocumented workers and below-the-counter wages for people not within the federal register census for workers.

So, does the Thick Troll not understand that when Warren talks about 'rigging the system' she means that big corporate donors select a candidate they want to represent them, so the Dems pick that person too? That means 'voting along party lines' which all political parties do, at some point!

Progressives already know this, which is why they're pushing for a third party as they can't break the system.

No need for the FBI, Donald.

Go back to bed...
What Dumb Donald doesn't understand is that it's completely within the DNC's rights to fix the primary for whom they favor. Political parties aren't government entities, they'e essentially clubs who make up their own rules. They decide what is needed to win and they manipulate it with things such as superdelegates to make sure their candidate has an advantage.

I've been dealing with the Dept. of Commerce and Dept. of Labor stats for over 20 years of my career, including with the PhDs and other civil servants who collect the data and produce the reports. One can argue that sometimes the collection methodology is antiquated, or that the constructs aren't sound (many times, the folks themselves argue that! -- cf. inflation rate data). But the Fed and an awful lot of others rely on this data's impartiality, accuracy and timeliness, and I've never seen a whiff of evidence that it's manipulated. If anything, the vast majority of the data lags field conditions just because I hear about field conditions first from companies in the field.

The bureaucracy is vast and subject to its own governance, especially at the mid-levels well below the Secretary. It's not called "the fourth branch" for nothing. Similarly, I believe the Supreme Court is truly an independent entity of the Executive -- if anything, nearly every President hasn't gotten out of his nominees politically what he thought he would. Ask Nixon!

You may be able to tell I'm not much for conspiracy theories.

I'm stoked you're teaching me something!! I love to learn!

So, I take what you say on board, but then I'm bothered by this data I picked up from Poverty Research on a 2016 census reading...

https://poverty.ucdavis.edu/faq/what-current-poverty-rate-united-states

poverty_threshold_2016_chart.jpg

This is the chart from the year before that puts things at a similar rate...
poverty_rate_historical_0.jpg

So, to me, there's a 10% shortfall from the info you have to what the research suggest up until 2016 (again, not including the hidden figures I said earlier).

So, tell me, what I'm reading wrong in this data, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.