Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't done it before. He was out for 6 weeks in early 2016 with a knee injury but it obviously wasn't an ACL tear like this is.
It was an ACL injury in 2016 though, according to transfermarkt. Obviously not as serious as this one. No one has disclosed the details publicly that I can find.

Anybody else thinking he might be back a little sooner than expected? He seems to be ahead of where Gundoghan was at this stage. He's walking unaided and I don't think he has a knee support on. I know it will be months before he is anywhere near ready but seems to be progressing really well.

I was walking unaided ~2 weeks after ACL surgery. Then running after 3 months, playing tennis after 6, and probably back to full pelt after 9. Generally it is risky to return until at least 7-8 months have passed. That would put him at end April/early May. Physioroom has him returning on Apr 18 - sounds optimistic to me and I would say there is no chance of any earlier.

It was an ACL injury in 2016 though, according to transfermarkt. Obviously not as serious as this one. No one has disclosed the details publicly that I can find.

Might have been a partial tear - if so, that could well have contributed to the full tear here. Assuming his surgeon did a good job, he can make a full recovery and play unfettered. But really no point in rushing to get him back (although agree it would be nice for him to get winners' medals)

He needs 1 more appearance to qualify for a league winners medal. If the CL Semi Final timeline is right, he should be fit for the last 4 or 5 league games of the season, plus a potential FA Cup semi-final and final.
Assuming we do win the league...

5 appearances apparently guarantees a player a medal but the club will get a set amount anyway to dish out as they see fit.

Chelsea got about 40 according to reports.

Assuming we do win the league...

5 appearances apparently guarantees a player a medal but the club will get a set amount anyway to dish out as they see fit.

Chelsea got about 40 according to reports.

The club gets a bunch to dish out, but you need the 5 (used to be 10) to officially go down as a premier league winner.
In the record books.

The club gets a bunch to dish out, but you need the 5 (used to be 10) to officially go down as a premier league winner.
In the record books.
If we have it all wrapped up in time he can take to the pitch with his crutches if needed, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.