Is Netflix the official depository of every terrible film ever made?

There are sone decent films on netflix, but finding them amongst the absolute mountain of crap is laborious. I did have the Us version for a while and thought it was only slightly better.

The search options have only got worse with time and thats really annoying. +1 vote for the tv shows though, some of the best in years i reckon.

Well, always remember that if everyone steals content then there's no money, and no programmes are made. I'm not claiming to be an angel in this regard, so it's not holier than thou, but I do think people should be paid for their work.
Theft/stealing is depriving someone of their property.

I'm not sure you get the legal distinction between copyright infringement and theft.

Of course I do, but a legal definition of a crime doesn't alter the general truth of what it is. That applies to lots of laws. Semantics is no defence, and it's childish sophistry to try.

Of course I do, but a legal definition of a crime doesn't alter the general truth of what it is. That applies to lots of laws. Semantics is no defence, and it's childish sophistry to try.
It's not a crime though. It's a civil matter not criminal.

It's not a crime though. It's a civil matter not criminal.

Not true. It's more complex than that and often easier for the copyright holders to take civil action. Copyright infringement (your words) is a crime. I refer you to the Video Recordings Act 2010 which refers to dissemination.

Now, just watching currently isn't a crime, but you are benefitting from the theft of intellectual property. If you're nice and comfortable justifying that to yourself because the law hasn't caught up and because it's not practical to prosecute, may it profit you because hiding behind it is something I'm not going to pretend to do.

Done it myself plenty of times, but I'm not going to pretend it's doing anything but denying those whose work it is payment for their time and expertise. Same applied to mp3 free downloads.

Not true. It's more complex than that and often easier for the copyright holders to take civil action. Copyright infringement (your words) is a crime. I refer you to the Video Recordings Act 2010 which refers to dissemination.

Now, just watching currently isn't a crime, but you are benefitting from the theft of intellectual property. If you're nice and comfortable justifying that to yourself because the law hasn't caught up and because it's not practical to prosecute, may it profit you because hiding behind it is something I'm not going to pretend to do.

Done it myself plenty of times, but I'm not going to pretend it's doing anything but denying those whose work it is payment for their time and expertise. Same applied to mp3 free downloads.
Copyright holders taking civil action rather than police prosecution means it's not a crime.
Without Shaun Fanning and others Netflix/Spotify wouldn't exist.

Copyright holders taking civil action rather than police prosecution means it's not a crime.
Without Shaun Fanning and others Netflix/Spotify wouldn't exist.

You haven't understood any of it, have you? It doesn't mean that at all. You know the police have never prosecuted anyone for breaking a 20mph limit? Nuance appears to be beyond you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.