International Matches | November 9th - 16th

When I think of those endless hours of boring Italian world cup games I have watched since 1982 I for one am glad they are not in it. I know there is a certain attractive style to their play but it is tedious to the extreme. Lets see some football played with endeavour. I know international football is on a bit of downturn at the moment but the goal scoring at world cups has always been at a premium and the Italians have had a lot to do with that. Maybe, just maybe, a world cup without Italy will be a better world cup.

They failed tonight because they must have played the same move 900 times. Think it was Einstein that defined that as insanity.

Great news. Italy are so f*****g boring. A bit like Utd they defend and hit on the break - they always have actually. Sadly for them they came across a team this time who were better at it than they are.

When I think of those endless hours of boring Italian world cup games I have watched since 1982 I for one am glad they are not in it. I know there is a certain attractive style to their play but it is tedious to the extreme. Lets see some football played with endeavour. I know international football is on a bit of downturn at the moment but the goal scoring at world cups has always been at a premium and the Italians have had a lot to do with that. Maybe, just maybe, a world cup without Italy will be a better world cup.

Agree entirely

It'll be the same as every other Euro/ WC, only worth watching when it gets to the knockout stages.
That is irrespective of the nations involved. Cup football is shit, when the aim is not to lose.
When you have to win, that's when it becomes more interesting. Anyway you a fervent Panama follower ?
They might be the surprise of the tournament.

no but they hardly got through legitimately. The only surprise is if they don't start trying a South Korea 2002, which was irritating enough.

This Italian team lacked the quality of past teams.
An ageing back 3 and a lack of creative midfielders was their undoing.
Not selecting Insigne was the final nail in the coffin.
Desperately sorry for Buffon...not the way he deserved to end his international career.
Those who think Sweden deserved to go through are in denial. They played bugger all football over the two games and just parked a massive yellow bus. A victory for anti-football rag stile. Well done to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.