General Videogame Thread

I didn't notice anything game-breaking at all with framerate stuff. Think I saw it a couple of times but I grew up in an n64 era where games often dropped to 20fps, so it really doesn't bother me if a game stutters for 3 seconds and is then back to normal. It happened so rarely that I barely even noticed it.

I personally found the puzzle elements really satisfying. I LOVED the open world of BOTW. I know someone up there ^ said it felt empty, but adversely I thought the open space lent great dynamics to the game. It's the whole loud/quiet thing you find in music. The quietness only makes the LOUD even more immersive. I found myself wondering around BOTW peacefully for ages, dicking around, climbing stuff and then I'd stumble onto some random NPC who'd have a quest to look for a giant horse or some other weird shit like a haunted shop or whatever. I loved it.

I also really enjoyed the mini puzzles of the temples. All 120 of them were fun and the divine beast temples all felt like really clever lateral thinking puzzles. Given the way most play hte game, on the go, a series of short sharp puzzles felt so much more satisfying. I found myself playing the game in two ways:

1) on the go where I'd have a 40 minute bus journey, I'd attempt a shrine or a small side quest or two. Or just poke about a previously discovered town for side quests and NPCs

2) at home id have it on the big screen and attempt something a little meatier, like a divine beast or discover a new town.

I sometimes did 2 during scenario 1 as well.

It's a genuinely fantastic game that suits just about any playing style and has something for everyone. Was gutted to finish it.
Good post my fellow Nintendoite, summed up perfectly here and I can see how the game lends itself better to the Switch and the portability of the device rather than the WiiU version I’ve mostly played.
I think folk are struggling to see the Switch as a handheld and a console on here, they forget it isn’t trying to compete with the PS4/Xbox, it’s doing it’s own thing.

Can anyone help me out with recomendations for good pc gaming sites to buy from and play.
I notice now that most games appear to be purchased by download for a heck of a lot cheaper than a hard copy.
How reliable is this service and who are the most dependable and affordable.
Imagine building up a collection of games to see the supplier go tits up.

I was just pricing up a few online and need doom 4 2016 and also counterstrike OS.
An outfit called cdkeys keep coming up the cheapest but how good are they.
Anyone any experiance of them.

And after downloading counterstrike os can I just play offline for practise first or do I have to join steam et valve or whoever.
Any info greatfully appreciated.

Can anyone help me out with recomendations for good pc gaming sites to buy from and play.
I notice now that most games appear to be purchased by download for a heck of a lot cheaper than a hard copy.
How reliable is this service and who are the most dependable and affordable.
Imagine building up a collection of games to see the supplier go tits up.

I was just pricing up a few online and need doom 4 2016 and also counterstrike OS.
An outfit called cdkeys keep coming up the cheapest but how good are they.
Anyone any experiance of them.

And after downloading counterstrike os can I just play offline for practise first or do I have to join steam et valve or whoever.
Any info greatfully appreciated.
Don't know about the others but steam and origin are the best mate, very reliable, and with steam you can put a game on your wishlist and if they reduce the price they'll email you. They always have loads of deals on weekends and different times of the year.

Don't know about the others but steam and origin are the best mate, very reliable, and with steam you can put a game on your wishlist and if they reduce the price they'll email you. They always have loads of deals on weekends and different times of the year.

Appreciated mate I will register with steam.
It's just that cdkeys keep offering low prices and wondered if they were good to go.
As I mentioned it would appear the way forward is with downloads rather than hard copies.
All good.

Appreciated mate I will register with steam.
It's just that cdkeys keep offering low prices and wondered if they were good to go.
As I mentioned it would appear the way forward is with downloads rather than hard copies.
All good.
I was a bit like you at first, not trusting this down loading malarkey, but all your games are stored so even if you bin em of your PC, you can re download em, and they store all your achievements and stuff. If you plan on downloading something like gta v make sure you start about 2 days before you want to play it though, it takes ages!!!! :)

I was a bit like you at first, not trusting this down loading malarkey, but all your games are stored so even if you bin em of your PC, you can re download em, and they store all your achievements and stuff. If you plan on downloading something like gta v make sure you start about 2 days before you want to play it though, it takes ages!!!! :)

I think cdkey has potential and I just read they have a good Trustpilot review.
I am out of time as it's telly night but i will use them to download Counterstrike OG for seven pound.
Incredible price to be fair.Hard copies scratch and if this is the future then it's really best not to rock the boat.

I think cdkey has potential and I just read they have a good Trustpilot review.
I am out of time as it's telly night but i will use them to download Counterstrike OG for seven pound.
Incredible price to be fair.Hard copies scratch and if this is the future then it's really best not to rock the boat.
CDkeys is fine mate. Used them loads of times in the past for Xbox games.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.