Tesla Roadster 0-60 in 1.9 seconds

It's not aimed at the unwashed masses in their tiny 2 up/ 2 down Victorian boxes but people with driveways and the cash to put in a charging station on theirs. I looked at buying a Tesla earlier this year, I quite like the look of it, especially inside. That's the pros. The cons far outweigh them. A huge charge for your own station. Lack of decent range. lack of charging stations around the country. Lack of delivery time. Sometime next year apparently.
2019 now for Model 3

The investment is mind blowing.. not only for the car production side of things but for after-sales (my involvement) where Tesla are in sole ownership... i.e. not a single franchise now or planned
I know the money involved is mental, his company is valued at $50 billion, yet as I previously said he's only selling 76.000 cars a year & with a huge loss.
Yet look at the Ford, a company that sells 2.5 million cars a year and is valued at a lower $45 billion

I know the money involved is mental, his company is valued at $50 billion, yet as I previously said he's only selling 76.000 cars a year & with a huge loss.
Yet look at the Ford, a company that sells 2.5 million cars a year and is valued at a lower $45 billion
He is making more money (or will do) on the Power Wall.. he also has money to burn from Space X.. this guy ain't going nowhere

It's not aimed at the unwashed masses in their tiny 2 up/ 2 down Victorian boxes but people with driveways and the cash to put in a charging station on theirs. I looked at buying a Tesla earlier this year, I quite like the look of it, especially inside. That's the pros. The cons far outweigh them. A huge charge for your own station. Lack of decent range. lack of charging stations around the country. Lack of delivery time. Sometime next year apparently.
When you say a huge charge for your own station, what do you mean? I've just been in Nissan and looking at the new Nissan Leaf and i have to say im extremely interested in it. Looks great inside, range 235 miles, they install a charge point at your house as part of the price, 150 bhp, no petrol fees ever again, no tax, decent size and fairly big boot. My only worry is lack of charging stations once you are out and about, but for me i work from home and don't do a lot of driving.

When you say a huge charge for your own station, what do you mean? I've just been in Nissan and looking at the new Nissan Leaf and i have to say im extremely interested in it. Looks great inside, range 235 miles, they install a charge point at your house as part of the price, 150 bhp, no petrol fees ever again, no tax, decent size and fairly big boot. My only worry is lack of charging stations once you are out and about, but for me i work from home and don't do a lot of driving.
There are lots of charging stations out there... as I said on another post, an all electric-vehicle will force you to rethink the way you drive and live... Its the biggest learning curve for new EV owners. I am not one (yet) but i am directly involved with a big-player in the market daily for work and have a vested interest in staying on top of the situation

By the way, if you ever bought or sold something and used PayPal then you can claim to have supported Tesla's birth.. Musk and his business partner made PayPal work before selling to eBay eventually...

There are lots of charging stations out there... as I said on another post, an all electric-vehicle will force you to rethink the way you drive and live... Its the biggest learning curve for new EV owners. I am not one (yet) but i am directly involved with a big-player in the market daily for work and have a vested interest in staying on top of the situation

By the way, if you ever bought or sold something and used PayPal then you can claim to have supported Tesla's birth.. Musk and his business partner made PayPal work before selling to eBay eventually...
When you say its the biggest learning curve, what do you mean? In terms of charging it, way it drives? We spend about 120 a month on petrol yet we hardly go anywhere. Just a load of short journeys to school, nursery, shops etc, very rarely have to go on a journey more than 70/80 miles.

There are more and more charging points popping up everywhere, retail parks, car parks, service stations etc where you can go for some R&R whilst your car gets some as well. Nice.
I'll be moving from a 2.2 diesel to a hybrid next time I change car. Not ready for a complete electric yet, perhaps the one after next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.