Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Not sure if it's my wild imagination, but I'm sure Ederson should have been sent off twice in the first half, but he pulled off a magnificent reflex save in the second half too.

Nobody really stood out tonight, but I've not been impressed at all with Bernado Silvas lack of contribution to any of the games I've seen him play, including tonight. Gundogan apart from his sublime through ball to Sterling for the goal, was pretty average but worked hard. Mangala did OK, played it safe and didn't give the ball away to my recollection, so he did fine for me and Danilo offered little going forward, just a steady defensive performance from him. Foden and Diaz had so little time it's hard to assess their contributions. Yaya also did no more than average, kept the ball and passed it around, but not much threat from him throughout the night though. KdB had an off night despite his best efforts and Sterling is wasted on the left.

Average game, but we still won!

They were solid and kept their shape well. The changes affected our play more than I would like but in the end a bit of quality got the goal. Now we can rest players before the derby.

Personally I would rest all of them and wouldn't even take them. Would we get away with that?

Sterling brilliant yet again! Dont thing I have ever seen anyone as calm as Ederson... cool bastard.

Surprised no-one’s saying this: Otamendi was a rock. John Stones out and up he steps. The improvement in that man is stupendous.
Hats off to Feyenoord. They covered the park, they hassled us, they gave B. Silva in particular absolutely no space to work in. They were a pest. And they threatened two or three times.
Sorry, but I thought Sergio was quite poor. And Gabi Jesus I expect to have a bit more impact. But as I say, the Dutchmen came to make life difficult, and they made it difficult. For everyone.
Finally, that Sterling goal. I swear that he would have mucked that up when he first came to us. That lad is going to be grisly good.

A bit underwhelmed by the performance of the "second team". Won against Wolverhampton with pens, won against Feyenoord 1-0. Are we rotating too few?

Sterling brilliant yet again! Dont thing I have ever seen anyone as calm as Ederson... cool bastard.

Yeah i was rather impressed by some of Edersons work today. At some point he had just a Feyenoord player 1 meter in front of him comming to take the ball, obviously heavy pressure at that point but just aswell he passed it over the ground cool and as fuck.

Some loose passes and not as slick as normal but that’s to be expected with the personnel on the pitch. Our movement without Silva, Fernandinho and Stones isn’t anywhere near as fluid and add to that Yaya who slows the pace of the game whenever he plays it wasn’t surprising to see the game play out as it did.
Overall it was ok, far from spectacular but nowhere near the shit show some on here would have you believe.
Magic goal that would light up any match, couple of youngsters getting minutes, important players rested, clean sheet, no injuries and our winning streak continues.
What’s not to like?

Not sure if it's my wild imagination, but I'm sure Ederson should have been sent off twice in the first half, but he pulled off a magnificent reflex save in the second half too.

Nobody really stood out tonight, but I've not been impressed at all with Bernado Silvas lack of contribution to any of the games I've seen him play, including tonight. Gundogan apart from his sublime through ball to Sterling for the goal, was pretty average but worked hard. Mangala did OK, played it safe and didn't give the ball away to my recollection, so he did fine for me and Danilo offered little going forward, just a steady defensive performance from him. Foden and Diaz had so little time it's hard to assess their contributions. Yaya also did no more than average, kept the ball and passed it around, but not much threat from him throughout the night though. KdB had an off night despite his best efforts and Sterling is wasted on the left.

Average game, but we still won!
Bernardo needs to play through the middle, he's wasted out wide, but still showed some great touches.

No way Ederson should have been sent off, you sure you're a Blue? ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.