Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Er - he was caught by a foul from behind. As Gundogan seemed unable to get away from his marker and provide an outlet I'm not really sure Yaya had that many options. I thought pivotal 6 yard passes was what we do these days!

Maybe he needs a quicker trajectory!
I think you’ll find that “foul” wasn’t one, and I have no problem with Yaya playing quality 6 yard passes. However, that was LAST YEAR’S City, not the 2017-18 Model. This year’s model plays a more decisive forward pass, makes a move, gets it back, sprays it elsewhere and the ball keeps moving AROUND the field, recycling and rotating...not five passes back and forth to each other to pad the stats!

In addition, I have no problem with Yaya trying a surging run every now and then, but I think I even read in one of the media outlets, it was twice and neither amounted to anything.

Don’t get me wrong...Yaya definitely has a place in the squad and has quality in everything he does. He is immense. However, he is showing he is past his ability to command a game in this City team, which is a couple of paces ahead. Maybe he still has that in his legs every now and then, I’m not sure, but it didn’t appear so.

Just a couple of comments. Bernardo S is not a natural winger. He doesn’t make the sudden breaks that, say, Sané does to sneak down the line behind his full back (and he doesn’t have the pace to do it, anyway). I hope he’s played more centrally in future. That’s where his vision of the game will come into its own. Gundogan: he didn’t do much, but the one thing he did do sublimely well was something that most teams might play five years without being able to do even once. Watch that pass to Sterling again. Its weight is absolutely perfect. It’s teasing the keeper to come out, without giving him the ghost of a chance of getting to it. As I say, most managers would kill to have a player capable of doing that even once in the ninety minutes.
I expect more of him. but that’ll do very nicely for the time being.

Just a couple of comments. Bernardo S is not a natural winger. He doesn’t make the sudden breaks that, say, Sané does to sneak down the line behind his full back (and he doesn’t have the pace to do it, anyway). I hope he’s played more centrally in future. That’s where his vision of the game will come into its own. Gundogan: he didn’t do much, but the one thing he did do sublimely well was something that most teams might play five years without being able to do even once. Watch that pass to Sterling again. Its weight is absolutely perfect. It’s teasing the keeper to come out, without giving him the ghost of a chance of getting to it. As I say, most managers would kill to have a player capable of doing that even once in the ninety minutes.
I expect more of him. but that’ll do very nicely for the time being.

The one and only thing he did all night, but when he did it . . . . . . Beautiful!

Explain how Yaya can't do quicker tempo. He made numerous one touch passes.

Well I am late in replying, because I usually just view the forum without logging in. I would say being able to play one touch passes, isn't evidence of being able to play at a quicker tempo. It is where he is doing those passes that determines whether he is making a difference with them. I am sure you will agree you can knock the ball about quickly in a deeper position, side to side that won't cause the opposition any danger. In my honest opinion, I thought Yaya struggled for the majority of the game to impose himself on the game. It is no surprise since this game, he has not figured against Huddersfield or Southampton.

Yaya has been a pivotal part in our recent history, but I believe it's now time for him to move on to a new challenge,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.