Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangala/Kompany vs. the high press will be a worry. Kompany isn't as bad as Mangala but is nowhere near as composed on the ball under pressure as Stones or Otamendi, and is prone to a heavy first touch every now and then.

This is my concern too. Stones provides us with so much security playing it around at the back, and he has the recovery speed if we are broken at. We missed his passing between the lines at the weekend too. Vinny worries me these days. He could easily have lost us the Leicester game.

just seen the desperation sky sport news.
Danny Higginbottom suggesting a team outside the top six can beat us playing the Leicester way. Think even though he has connections to the rags he is a reasonable pundit.
That would be incredible, especially as the Leicester way involved no shots on goal.

This is my concern too. Stones provides us with so much security playing it around at the back, and he has the recovery speed if we are broken at. We missed his passing between the lines at the weekend too. Vinny worries me these days. He could easily have lost us the Leicester game.

Agreed Vinnie has lost that yard of pace and is prone to those reckless tackles ie at Leicester. However, his overall game at Leicester was good and would still have him rather than Managala

He's definitely rusty to say the least, but if we can see it then I'm 100% sure his teammates can, and probably won't put him under a huge amount of pressure. He's surrounded by Ederson, Otamendi, Delph, Walker, Fernandinho who are all excellent on the ball and will help him out if they have to - I thought they did vs. Leicester quite well.

Does anyone know if Foden or Brahim will travel to Huddersfield?

Highly unlikely that they will be in the matchday squad, I would say. More likely to feature for the EDS tomorrow against Spurs instead.

Highly unlikely that they will be in the matchday squad, I would say. More likely to feature for the EDS tomorrow against Spurs instead.
Thought so as well. Do you know if the EDS game will be broadcasted?

Pep will love it if they try the high press tomorrow. Just what we want.

Nobody has found a way yet however they play and I cant see tomorrow being any different. Quality will prevail 9 times out of 10 and we will have way too much for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.