Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huddersfield will "try everything" to beat Premier League leaders Manchester City when the sides meet at the John Smith's Stadium on Sunday.

The sides met in the FA Cup last season with Huddersfield drawing at home before losing 5-1 at the Etihad Stadium.

“We are aware what is in front of us and we will create an atmosphere where hopefully we can be successful," Huddersfield manager David Wagner said. "We will try everything."

“I don’t think Man City this season to Man City last season are comparable. It’s a big challenge but an enjoyable one!”

Pep will love it if they try the high press tomorrow. Just what we want.

Nobody has found a way yet however they play and I cant see tomorrow being any different. Quality will prevail 9 times out of 10 and we will have way too much for them.
Not having john will make it very difficult to resist a high press,vinny is nowhere near as calm on the ball or passing it foward,maybe we should adapt a little

Hi all where’s the best places in town to watch Televised games? Thinking of watching the game and then going Mackie Mayor for a scran. Cheers

I think we will batter them. A couple of quick goals which will take the steam out of Huddersfield, end result 5-0, including a hat trick from Kun.

I'm picking my fantasy team and can either have Jesus or Aguerro. Which one do you think Pep will pick or maybe even both.

Huddersfield welcome back centre-back Christopher Schindler, who has completed a one-game ban.

Jonathan Hogg is also in contention - he missed the defeat at Bournemouth to attend the birth of his son.

Manchester City defender Nicolas Otamendi returns from a domestic suspension and may replace John Stones, who hurt his hamstring last weekend.

City's only other injury absentee is left-back Benjamin Mendy, who continues his recovery from knee surgery.

Manager Pep Guardiola will recall several key players who were rested against Feyenoord, such as David Silva, Leroy Sane and Vincent Kompany.

The City boss admits he plans to rotate strikers Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero, meaning the latter could be a substitute on Sunday.

Huddersfield will "try everything" to beat Premier League leaders Manchester City when the sides meet at the John Smith's Stadium on Sunday.

The sides met in the FA Cup last season with Huddersfield drawing at home before losing 5-1 at the Etihad Stadium.

“We are aware what is in front of us and we will create an atmosphere where hopefully we can be successful," Huddersfield manager David Wagner said. "We will try everything."

“I don’t think Man City this season to Man City last season are comparable. It’s a big challenge but an enjoyable one!”
Wagner sounds like he's accepted defeat already.....works for me.

Bravo
Zab, Ota, Stones, Kolarov
Delph, Fernando
Navas, Fernandinho, Nolito

Aguero

Wasn't a trap really. Just a weakened cup lineup.

I think this time we will be able to offer a bit more creativity...
Certainly more than rags did.

Hope for any clean sheet win.

Jheez the more I see our line up against Leicester last season and the one above the more I praise Pep for getting us to a top 3 finish last season! We have a completely different squad this season and I expect us to win at least 2 trophies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.