Huddersfield(A) Post Match Thread

Let’s be fair here...

Huddersfield were, and maybe still are, on everyone’s “Favorites to go down” list and they have tried to make their home stadium a fortress to keep them up. Before today, they had only lost one game at home, so when faced with a team that is swatting away allcomers, a point at home is a good result. Like many teams, they know that we are most susceptible to a counter attack, so they defend with two strong lines and a big lad up front as an outlet...something Burnley did to stay up! I don’t think any manager sets his team up to lose, and I don’t think Wagner did today. Wolves are the only team to stop us scoring and they did it just like Huddersfield played today. Today, we beat it.

Anyway, I LOVE the way we are playing and am glad that “the beautiful game” (along with some serious hard graft) won the day.
+1

Here's where you are falling down.

They didn't try to counter. At times they actually stopped a counter because they didn't want 3 men in our half.
You’re quite correct, that’s exactly the difference. Many teams play defensively, but then will try every now and then to break forward to try and get a goal, Huddersfield did fuck all.

I can understand a team like Huddersfield defend deep as in parking the bus. More teams do it. But most of them try to play football when they actually have the ball. Not so Huddersfield with Mooy their main man invisible. At one moment of time it showed they had 16 passes to 285 from us. To me that was 16 hoofs that by accident landed at their tall one tempo foreward who was not even a CL player. And supported by their plastic clapping fans. How embarrassing I’d feel if these was City fans.

We beat Huddersfield and we beat a team that doesn’t understand what football is about. Not our problem. I told a Huddersfield fan they need to worry at the end of this season. He couldn’t believe I said that when they are mittable. We’ll see.

i find it very odd that bluemooner have no idea that another club in City Group,
which got a promotion to La Liga once beat REAL MADRID while actually try playing a football.
they are not playing like a wimp just because they are tiny fraction club.
Don't tell me what I have an idea about and what I have no idea about. I know exactly how Girona played v Real Madrid. I'm just not an entitled wanker who thinks that other teams should play against us in a way that would suit us. Huddersfield were perfectly entitled to play that way and to moan about it when we have a player who is 10x better in every single position is embarrassing especially when we fucking won.

Well done Huddersfield they game us one of our toughest games of the season and nearly nicked a draw we had good chances first half but we blew them .What this game proves is we dont have a devine right to win any game and the League title is not a forgone conclusion what it also proves though is that we can adapt and will not give up .Huddersfield have a fraction of the resources we have and gave us a good run for there money and there will be other games like that before the end of the season .we have 2 home games now lets hope we can consolidate what we have .well done Blues

You’re quite correct, that’s exactly the difference. Many teams play defensively, but then will try every now and then to break forward to try and get a goal, Huddersfield did fuck all.
Yup and with the amount of money that every single team in the Premier League gets these days it really is pretty indefensible to play that way. There are no proper minnows in the PL, they are all working with budgets bigger than most Champions League sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.