The Added Time Debate

They were doing it from kickoff , every throw, free kick, goal kick they were taking the absolute maximum and the crowd let the ref know every time they did it too !!! Southampton brought it in themselves .

Exactly. Fuck them; you reap what you sow.

Anybody know why a clock isn't shown at all on a Champions League match.
Is it purely a ploy to confuse piss times and early leavers.!

I love these threads. Allows me yet another opportunity to tell everyone that we need ball in play time and clock stopped for literally every second that the ball isn't in open play. Don't really care how long they make the halves but presumably around 30 minutes each. Would stop all that bollocks last night immediately. Current time keeping laws are a farce. We didn't get any favours last night from the referee in terms of added time. If he'd really wanted to help he'd have booked their keeper early in when he whacked the ball away behind the goal and made their "injured" player near the end go straight off the pitch at the side rather than let him wander virtually parallel to the touch line towards the half way line. But this is the point, all refs are fucking clueless in every aspect of dealing with time wasting so the whole thing needs taking out of their hands.

Exactly right. And that little bastard who decided to lie down at the end wasn’t even touched. It was fucking shameless play acting. Referees do nothing about it ever. That clueless idiot last night was the worst since Madley at home to West Ham a couple of years ago

Exactly right. And that little bastard who decided to lie down at the end wasn’t even touched. It was fucking shameless play acting. Referees do nothing about it ever. That clueless idiot last night was the worst since Madley at home to West Ham a couple of years ago
That Madley performance was a masterclass of ineptitude.

I'm a firm believer of what goes around,comes around,back in the day I was so pissed off,and still am to this day really, with the amount of fergie time goals them ****s used to get,almost every fucking week,however we have had our fair share of these now,and about time,but I cannot see why Saints fans can complain too much,especially the ones that were there.

2 mins at the end of the first half was ridiculous to start with,should of been at least 4,and as for at the end of the match we all suggested a minimum of 6,but I gladly took the 5,and even more sweeter that we scored as well,but truth is,that game could have gone on till 10pm last night,they took the piss Southampton,and got their just deserts in the end,fuck um

if you're going to time waste then you have to accept you'll have to play longer added time as a result. If they'd hurried up they could have had a minimum of 3 mins and got a point. it was a minimum of 5, we scored 40 seconds after that. Could tell the refs feelings about it because he blew as soon as they kicked off

We've had some shocking displays of time wasting at our ground in recent years and on each occasion the ref has done pretty much nothing about it. The best you ever get is someone getting a yellow card in the last minute when everyone knows it is too late to have any effect at all. It was doubly frustrating last night because the ref had the easiest opportunity imaginable to get a grip on it relatively early when their keeper did what he did behind the goal. He gives a yellow there and the keeper (who in these situations is always the prime culprit) would have at least had to be very careful with his time wasting. Once he just had a word that was it, it was the biggest green light possible to time waste. Maybe he actually said, "do what you fucking like". Referees will never deal with it effectively, I think we just have to accept that, it is just seen as an acceptable form of cheating and there is no desire to deal with it so there's no point in saying "just get the refs to deal with it" because that isn't going to happen. The resistance generally to changing it to ball in play time is significant among supporters, even on here there are plenty who don't want it despite the fact it would be to our advantage. No idea why, there are not many arguments I can think of against it.

5 minutes was generous to them not us. They were time wasting from kick off. Forster took half a minute every goal kick, they took half a minute every throw in, took well over a minute for any free kicks and then there was the injury to their player and the substitution. Maybe next time they will actually try and play a game of football and not use anti football tactics to try and steal a point.

We've had some shocking displays of time wasting at our ground in recent years and on each occasion the ref has done pretty much nothing about it. The best you ever get is someone getting a yellow card in the last minute when everyone knows it is too late to have any effect at all. It was doubly frustrating last night because the ref had the easiest opportunity imaginable to get a grip on it relatively early when their keeper did what he did behind the goal. He gives a yellow there and the keeper (who in these situations is always the prime culprit) would have at least had to be very careful with his time wasting. Once he just had a word that was it, it was the biggest green light possible to time waste. Maybe he actually said, "do what you fucking like". Referees will never deal with it effectively, I think we just have to accept that, it is just seen as an acceptable form of cheating and there is no desire to deal with it so there's no point in saying "just get the refs to deal with it" because that isn't going to happen. The resistance generally to changing it to ball in play time is significant among supporters, even on here there are plenty who don't want it despite the fact it would be to our advantage. No idea why, there are not many arguments I can think of against it.

problem is it's set up for abuse as a) time-keeping is subjective, b) different refs use different rules for classifying a stoppage and c) no referee is going to send off a keeper for time-wasting, much like the 6 second rule, shirt-pulling at corners and sending off rags for kicking their opponent in the nads nothing will be done, as even if one ref does try to do it correctly, the other 9 will not bother that weekend and that ref will be a scapegoat so won't bother. The yellow card for a keeper time-wasting is the most pointless punishment there is. Until we have a stop clock then nothing will change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.