David Silva signs one year contract extension(p33)

Dead right, and credit to City for carefully researching the type of players we get in, perhaps not so much in our initial splurge, but certainly in the years immediately leading up to Pep and thereafter. Great camaraderie, good ambassadors for the club, and not a cnut's haircut in sight. In short, a distinct absence of Billy Big Timers and an emphasis on those who just want to be part of something. Like Sergio, Spanish Dave has been a wet dream come true and my favourite ever City player. No strops, no demands for more money, no cheating, no dissent, no falling out of night clubs at 4am, no granny shagging, just plays the game brilliantly and with a smile on his face. What's also good is that anyone who bucks this trend now gets short shrift, as both Ya Ya and Jadon Sancho have found out.

Dead right. These were Marwood's "dossiers", and it's been very noticeable that since 2013 our players have barely been on the front pages.

Since 2010, I've had an ongoing discussion with City mates regarding Aguero and Silva, basically worrying that if Barca or Real Madrid came in, we would lose them. We didn't, and as you say, it speaks volumes for the club's hierarchy and the culture we have as an employer.

Must not be as good as James Milner. Thought David was going on a free to Liverpool, but cant shift the Yorkshire Messi out of the team so has back tracked and signed for little ol' City.

If Carlsberg did one year contracts.....

brilliant news, best City midfielder I've ever seen in a City shirt.

I still remember him being clapped off by the entire Bernabeu when we played there and he was subbed. They knew what they had been watching. Really, really great news.
I wonder if his contract extension contains a clause obliging him to say one sentence in English, in public, before he's through here.

My mates call me mad but i stand by he's the greatest footballer to ever play in britain since i started watching in mid 90's.

he'll be able to play at this level for a while yet given his style of play. Think in years to come he'll be remembered as undoubtedly city's greatest ever player.

Dead right, and credit to City for carefully researching the type of players we get in, perhaps not so much in our initial splurge, but certainly in the years immediately leading up to Pep and thereafter. Great camaraderie, good ambassadors for the club, and not a cnut's haircut in sight. In short, a distinct absence of Billy Big Timers and an emphasis on those who just want to be part of something. Like Sergio, Spanish Dave has been a wet dream come true and my favourite ever City player. No strops, no demands for more money, no cheating, no dissent, no falling out of night clubs at 4am, no granny shagging, just plays the game brilliantly and with a smile on his face. What's also good is that anyone who bucks this trend now gets short shrift, as both Ya Ya and Jadon Sancho have found out.

Got to love his ethos for our club. Echo everthing you say about Merlin

Dead right. These were Marwood's "dossiers", and it's been very noticeable that since 2013 our players have barely been on the front pages.

Since 2010, I've had an ongoing discussion with City mates regarding Aguero and Silva, basically worrying that if Barca or Real Madrid came in, we would lose them. We didn't, and as you say, it speaks volumes for the club's hierarchy and the culture we have as an employer.
Now they are sniffing around Jesus and kdb .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.