Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the game i recorded from sky on my return - Martin Tyler was devastated when Silva scored the winner. "They can't keep winning 2-1 like that, can they? "
Beautiful, beautiful schuadenfraude.

Tyler and Neville was tossers first half, about how we underestimated West Ham and was complacent. Not that we just had a poor half by our standards. Second half Tyler was alright I thought if anything he was biased towards City

Tyler and Neville was tossers first half, about how we underestimated West Ham and was complacent. Not that we just had a poor half by our standards. Second half Tyler was alright I thought if anything he was biased towards City

I cancelled my Sky subscription this morning on the back of them ****s and their snide remarks, particularly the bootlicker.

Back to streams for me, I'd sooner take my chances with getting a steam from NBCSN or Bein than have to endure that bullshit.

Funny we haven't heard a lot mentioned of our winning run why do I think if it was ooh let's say a certain team from Trafford every mention they got the winning sequence would be rammed down our throats.

This thread has turned into an interesting insight into human phsycology and confirmation bias.

Every time I turn the telly or radio onto a football show everybody is talking about City. For the first time in the club's history the entire world's football media are raving about us and how good we are.

Yet still people find weird little corners of the media where they can take offence.

Someone posted a picture of their Twitter timeline yesterday, and it neatly sums up how almost everyone seemingly thinks commentators are against them:

DQI8Pw1XcAEfgtD.jpg:large

This thread has turned into an interesting insight into human phsycology and confirmation bias.

Every time I turn the telly or radio onto a football show everybody is talking about City. For the first time in the club's history the entire world's football media are raving about us and how good we are.

Yet still people find weird little corners of the media where they can take offence.
Genuinely, someone suggested to me at the match yesterday that the media are building up our winning run to deliberately put more pressure on us so that we lose.

Genuinely, someone suggested to me at the match yesterday that the media are building up our winning run to deliberately put more pressure on us so that we lose.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. That's the sort of opinion we get on here all the time. The paranoia is usually magnified in the week before a derby so watch this space.

It runs right through the forum. Small minded indignation and offence taken at every turn. All other teams are shit and there should be a rule about how they are allowed to play. They should take us on and get beat 5 because football is now about entertainment not about winning, apparently!
I wonder how much shit Pep would be getting if we’d just lost 4 on the trot 4-3 and they were described as 4 of the best games ever? I expect BM would be unanimous in its joy at the entertainment on offer, or maybe not!
Away fans being a bit pissed off losing a game in the 5th minute of injury time, who’d have thought that? I was still buzzing about Raheem’s goal on Friday morning and not in the least bit interested in what 1 or 2 keyboard warriors from Southampton thought.
Moyes turning up and being defensive. Christ, the bloke did that when we were shit, so he’s certainly not going to change now.
It’s almost like a lot of posters struggle with the concept of having an absolutely top team, capable of winning games in a variety of ways, against a variety of opponents. 20 successive wins and 13 consecutive PL wins would go some way to supporting that assertion.
I’ve been going to City for over 35 years and this is, without doubt, the most exciting team we’ve ever put out. I’m just enjoying the ride and hoping it all ends in a trophy or 2. But, however it ends, this manager we have is making me revisit all I thought I knew about football and how it should be played and I, for one, will just enjoy the ride....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.