Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has turned into an interesting insight into human phsycology and confirmation bias.

Every time I turn the telly or radio onto a football show everybody is talking about City. For the first time in the club's history the entire world's football media are raving about us and how good we are.

Yet still people find weird little corners of the media where they can take offence.

I can accept some of the posts on this thread are a bit over the top but the below is from a reporter from the Daily Mail and his take on our winner...

'When David Silva dangled out a leg to force Kevin De Bruyne's cross beyond West Ham goalkeeper Adrian on Sunday, Manchester City had found their fourth late winner of the season.'

Do I have my Blue tinted glasses on to object to that ? Dangled out a leg !!! It was an excellent piece of skill by Silva and yet that is the standard of reporting we get lumbered with.

Genuinely, someone suggested to me at the match yesterday that the media are building up our winning run to deliberately put more pressure on us so that we lose.

Ha, I’ve heard someone say something similar recently. I genuinely worry about the sanity of some people.

This thread has turned into an interesting insight into human phsycology and confirmation bias.

Every time I turn the telly or radio onto a football show everybody is talking about City. For the first time in the club's history the entire world's football media are raving about us and how good we are.

Yet still people find weird little corners of the media where they can take offence.

Gotta agree. We're being praised to the rafters by most of the media. Today i read that Henry and Carragher have Silva down as one of, if not the, best foreigner to ever play in prem. Followed by chuckle No2's gushing praise on the beeb website.

Someone posted a picture of their Twitter timeline yesterday, and it neatly sums up how almost everyone seemingly thinks commentators are against them:

DQI8Pw1XcAEfgtD.jpg:large
Take your pick

Someone posted a picture of their Twitter timeline yesterday, and it neatly sums up how almost everyone seemingly thinks commentators are against them:

DQI8Pw1XcAEfgtD.jpg:large

To be fair that's kind of how I saw it second half. Willing us to score might be a bit of an extreme but he was talking like it was expected.

All media are just interested in click bate. Its a numbers game, and they play to the majority all the time.

I can accept some of the posts on this thread are a bit over the top but the below is from a reporter from the Daily Mail and his take on our winner...

'When David Silva dangled out a leg to force Kevin De Bruyne's cross beyond West Ham goalkeeper Adrian on Sunday, Manchester City had found their fourth late winner of the season.'

Do I have my Blue tinted glasses on to object to that ? Dangled out a leg !!! It was an excellent piece of skill by Silva and yet that is the standard of reporting we get lumbered with.

You prove my point perfectly. You are exhibiting Confirmation Bias. I had to read your quote a couple of times before I even saw your perceived "problem".

You prove my point perfectly. You are exhibiting Confirmation Bias. I had to read your quote a couple of times before I even saw your perceived "problem".

Go on then what is my problem ? and bearing in mind I highlighted what I see as rubbish reporting to save you having to guess, i am amazed you had to read my post twice.
A genuinely good, no, very good goal is described in that manner, come on. I fully accept we are being praised by many pundits but if a reporter cannot accurately describe a well executed shot he needs another career.

Go on then what is my problem ? and bearing in mind I highlighted what I see as rubbish reporting to save you having to guess, i am amazed you had to read my post twice.
A genuinely good, no, very good goal is described in that manner, come on. I fully accept we are being praised by many pundits but if a reporter cannot accurately describe a well executed shot he needs another career.

Sorry mate, I'm not getting sucked into this kind of paranoid shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.