United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah am not convinced and a lot of Chelsea fans aren't either. I've seen the comparison with Torres ie: nice general play but spurns too many chances. I wouldn't focus too much on his past because it's a different pressure being first choice striker compared to coming off the bench or playing from wide as he did sometimes at Juve. Personally I think full judgements should be made on both next season.

Haha, you don't want to wait til next season to judge Morata vs. Lukaku, it's only going to get worse and worse for United.

Nah am not convinced and a lot of Chelsea fans aren't either. I've seen the comparison with Torres ie: nice general play but spurns too many chances. I wouldn't focus too much on his past because it's a different pressure being first choice striker compared to coming off the bench or playing from wide as he did sometimes at Juve. Personally I think full judgements should be made on both next season.
Lukaku hasn,t made people change his reputation for being a flat track bully.

All this shit about Pogba not being available. Tough luck!

They are not a victim of circumstance, he got sent off for stamping on somebody when a game was won. They also forget to mention that he played against us last season and we played them off the pitch
Just think if Lukaku had got his 3 game ban

The problem with Lukaku is he's not good enough to play for a team who aspire to be at the top of world football, and he never will be.

His goalscoring record for Everton was incredible, a 0.5 goals per game at a club that bad is brilliant, but the best strikers do more than just finish chances, and he showed time after time his hold up play was poor, he's not got a creative bone in his body, and his touch isn't good enough to play with creative players in and around the box.

Making him a scapegoat won't help them or him, but the sad truth for them is they spent £100m on player who will never fit into a top side, and now they have to soldier on building the team around someone who'll do nothing but finish big, clear cut chances you create for him.

The redcafe postmortem has circled back to Morata vs. Lukaku again and the debate is embarrassing. Morata is several levels above Lukaku at everything.

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.