United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rags need a big overhaul from top to bottom a 3-5 yr plan to get back to the top getting the right manager and squad of players. But they have got so accustomed to success they crave it every season without looking at the bigger picture they buy big names at the wrong age bracket as it might bring instant success happy days for us until they wake up and smell the coffee.

The rags need a big overhaul from top to bottom a 3-5 yr plan to get back to the top getting the right manager and squad of players. But they have got so accustomed to success they crave it every season without looking at the bigger picture they buy big names at the wrong age bracket as it might bring instant success happy days for us until they wake up and smell the coffee.

I would say it is worse than that though, because not only do they crave success they actually cannot afford to have a 3-5 year rebuilding plan because it would potentially take them out the top four and who is to say they woukd be guaranteed to get back in it ?

They do buy big names but they dont buy for the right reason, look at Di Maria and the rumours of getting Ozil...Ozil a player who consistently goes missing for Arsenal every season - thats why i say pleasevlet them get him. The fact that Pep came to our club and they had to react by bringing in maureen is the biggest compliment to us that they could ever make.

Throw in the fact that their dilapidated stadium is falling apart and they have to try and remain relevant and you know that they are so far away it is laughable. They are slowly turning into the AC Milan of the premier league

I actually think United are overachieving. Mourinho's teams of past have traditionally had exceptional starting elevens. Like Pep, he's at his best with elite players and getting them that winning mentality.

I mean, if you consider his two stints at Chelsea, and his stints at Inter and Real Madrid you see just how good his players were.

This is the starting eleven of the weakest (of the four) title winning sides, Chelsea 14/15:

Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas, Oscar; Hazard, Willian, Costa.

Given I've just called this his weakest previous side, you can see just how far behind United are. How many of this United team would get into this one? De Gea, Pogba and Matic (technically anyway).

The fact is, his players are nowhere near good enough. Excluding Bailly all his defenders are extremely limited. Martial and Rashford are promising but nothing more yet. The rest (e.g. Lingard) would have already been sold. In fact remember he sold two of his current United players whilst at Chelsea, Mata and Lukaku.

The only way this United side are going to seriously be a threat in the future is if they make a load of high quality signings, not just decent squad players. Fortunately for us, I find that they have a habit of signing just as many duds as they sign talents, so it'll take probably at least two summers for them to get to the necessary level. And Mourinho will almost certainly be gone by then, probably leaving the club in a mess in the process.

He put himself in that position. Imagine the players he could have got for 100m, instead he spent that money on lukaku who's just a glorified bony.
Next season he'll do the same if he doesn't get sacked. He'll spend fortunes on average players whilst keeping average players at the same time, and not improve his squad.

Just seen this analysis of Peps tactics against the Rags, fascinating stuff and pretty much bang on...

It's crazy because this squad hasn't even reached its full potential yet. Not to mention we'll strengthen our squad again in the summer. Exciting times ahead for us blues...same can't be said about those red shites though and they know it! :-)

Much as I disliked Ferguson, I am beginning to find Mourinho even more despicable. There is something repellent about him. Years ago he was noted (by the media anyway) as cool, ironic, dressed in cool gear, given to uttering gnomic statements.
Now he is a haunted-looking, self-pitying wreck.
Am I alone in (in spite of myself) preferring SAF, if I had to choose the lesser of two weevils?

I don't think it's that unusual he's in a hotel, it's not like it'll be a standard room after all; it will be to all intents and purposes an apartment. Eriksson did the same at the Radisson Edwardian.

For Mourinho's family, didn't they stay in London because his children were at school and he didn't want to cause disruption? It's a pretty good reason in itself. Quite a few managers keep a family base and commute/stay over for work.

I would say it is worse than that though, because not only do they crave success they actually cannot afford to have a 3-5 year rebuilding plan because it would potentially take them out the top four and who is to say they woukd be guaranteed to get back in it ?
What they need is an owner who can bankroll them to the extent that they can afford to stay out of the top four for half a decade (or more) and rebuild the club from top to bottom. Someone who can invest their own money in a plan to put the club back at the top of the English game without having their satisfy greedy shareholders or eye-watering interest commitments. Like an indulgent father figure. Sounds too good to be true tbh.

Much as I disliked Ferguson, I am beginning to find Mourinho even more despicable. There is something repellent about him. Years ago he was noted (by the media anyway) as cool, ironic, dressed in cool gear, given to uttering gnomic statements.
Now he is a haunted-looking, self-pitying wreck.
Am I alone in (in spite of myself) preferring SAF, if I had to choose the lesser of two weevils?

nope. Ferguson is worse because he was truly successful with them by any means possible. As long as the Rags are only picking up FA Cups or less, then whoever is in charge will always be better no matter how odious they are. Ferguson was worse because he was all that and used it to steal success.

What they need is an owner who can bankroll them to the extent that they can afford to stay out of the top four for half a decade (or more) and rebuild the club from top to bottom. Someone who can invest their own money in a plan to put the club back at the top of the English game without having their satisfy greedy shareholders or eye-watering interest commitments. Like an indulgent father figure. Sounds too good to be true tbh.

I know, which club could have such a figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.