Swansea (A) Post Match Thread

Just a quick shout for our boy Ederson. Couple of decent saves thrown in there. He won’t get all the glory because of Silva, Aguero, KDB etc but moments like that save in the first half change games and can shift momentum. He has been excellent this season.

Great win yesterday. Well played.

Only just watched the highlights. And they always distort things.
I have to say, though, I thought Fabianski was total gash on our first two. If our keeper had been that indecisive, we'd be going spare on here. By contrast, I thought the second two were superb, nothing much that any keeper could have done about them. But maybe the first two, well, that's the hallmark of a team that's on form, and simply doesn't believe that it can be beaten if it performs properly. Everything goes in.
By contrast, Ederson Moraes' save on that deflected shot, late on, now that is something else. It was phenomenal. The man has everything.
I seem to remember Joe making a save similar to that in our Villa match away in 2011-12, where he had to twist in the air and go back on himself.

Only just watched the highlights. And they always distort things.
I have to say, though, I thought Fabianski was total gash on our first two. If our keeper had been that indecisive, we'd be going spare on here. By contrast, I thought the second two were superb, nothing much that any keeper could have done about them. But maybe the first two, well, that's the hallmark of a team that's on form, and simply doesn't believe that it can be beaten if it performs properly. Everything goes in.
By contrast, Ederson Moraes' save on that deflected shot, late on, now that is something else. It was phenomenal. The man has everything.
I seem to remember Joe making a save similar to that in our Villa match away in 2011-12, where he had to twist in the air and go back on himself.
I think everyone of us was sad, even pissed off, when Pep let Joe go. And Bravo made it look like Pep had perhaps made a huge blunder.

But watching Ederson now, my god what a keeper he is. Joe's served us well, and I wish him well, but I think Ederson is a huge upgrade.

It's not only his footwork (obviously!) But his decision-making, composure, kicking are all fantastic. And he appears to be just as good a stopper as Joe. Maybe even better.

He'll overtake De Gea I reckon as being regarded as the best keeper in the world. He may be no better at saving shots, but he's better in every other department already imo.

I've not read any of this thread - just jumped on the forum now - so I am guessing this has been said already.

But is Dave playing the best football of his life at the moment? I would say yes he is. At the start of the season, after his haircut, I honestly didn't think he was playing that well (by his standards anyway) with more misplaced passes, not finding the killer pass like he normally does and missing sitters, like he normally does!

But these last few games, he's back and how. He was simply phenomenal last night. Best player on the park again, just like he was on Saturday. And he's started scoring goals, like he does for Spain! He could, and probably should, have scored 4 last night, but I am more than happy with just the 2!

I don't know whether his new found goalscoring is down to some coaching from Pep, but I am inclined to think perhaps it is.

Anyway, what a simply brilliant, brilliant player.
Apparently its because of his haircut mate. It's had the opposite effect to what happened to Sampson... :-)

Our best performance for a good few games. Outstanding football. Don't think we did anything different to how we have been playing, just think Swansea tried to play a little bit.

If we were more clinical, you could make a case for us winning by 5 Or 6 every week. It's that good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.