Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't believe it when I read it. Yes, Yaya was a vital cog in the machine. But to claim that he, and he alone, got us to where we are now is laughable. Joe, Zabba, GazBaz, NDJ, Merlin, Kun, Carlos, Vinnie, Mario, Alex, Joleon etc etc; they ALL played a part in the rise of MCFC post 2008. No one player got us to where we are now on his own.

Spot on mate, Yaya was an integral part but there were more players we missed during that period like Tevez, vinnie and Silva when injured or unavailable.

He's still a handy weapon when you need to close a game out. Never gives the ball away and extremely difficult to disposess

Take it you didn't watch/see the Swansea game when he gave the ball away 90% of the time? Or was it tongue in cheek? If so then fair play. I concede that 4 years ago under Mancini he very rarely gave the ball away, as we were much more defensive than we were/ are under Pellegrini and Pep.

Like all good players, with time their influence fades. Zabaleta a prime example. He had a v poor last season and the one before that wasn't much better. Kompany has been zero use for 3 seasons due to his injuries. It happens to them all Sadly. At the moment I would be more concerned with Kompany taking up a squad place.

Take it you didn't watch/see the Swansea game when he gave the ball away 90% of the time? Or was it tongue in cheek? If so then fair play. I concede that 4 years ago under Mancini he very rarely gave the ball away, as we were much more defensive than we were/ are under Pellegrini and Pep.

So you're saying he only had a 10% pass success rate?
Are you fcukin sure!

So you're saying he only had a 10% pass success rate?
Are you fcukin sure!

Alright maybe I was being facetious, but the majority of forward passes he made were unsuccessful, he can pass sideways and backwards but forward passing isn't his strong point..... it's why when he plays now our build up play slows down, because he lacks that cutting edge that Fernandinho possesses.

Yes I saw it. He came on and we closed the game out, with him and Silva doing their short pass thing. He defo didn't misplace 9/10 passes.

Remember Newcastle. Remember Stoke.

That's what I always say, spot on..

Yaya is a legend and its good to see him return now and again rather than trying to have him as a key player hanging on. He is still valuable, can still change a game and lay on that pass.

What you do notice when he plays is how we have moved on from needing his type of inspiration in the game. Its a different style and work rate now that I think yaya doesn't suit to. But still can come in at any needed time and fit in well. In order to maintain runs like we have had you need to be right on the pitch and in the dressing room for inspiration and team bonding, yaya is priceless at this and a key figure even when not on the pitch.

Vinny / Yaya / Zabba we all know wont and cant last for ever, good to see the players how have stepped up have took over well...

Alright maybe I was being facetious, but the majority of forward passes he made were unsuccessful, he can pass sideways and backwards but forward passing isn't his strong point..... it's why when he plays now our build up play slows down, because he lacks that cutting edge that Fernandinho possesses.
I must of imagined that 1st time forward pass to Aguero for the 4th goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.