Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna say it. He's shit now. Was one of our best ever players but he's shit now. A midfielder who can't/won't run. You might as well just play with 10 men. The only thing you can rely on him for now are his penalties.

He just can't do it anymore. I'm fairly sure there are some kids in youth setup that we could give some minutes in games like this. They can't make less impact on the game.

Still a handy player to have in the squad in terms of experience and stepped up with his penalty.

I'm not sure what else he was expected to do today really. We know he doesn't run around but his passing was tidy for the most part, his height in the box was useful. He drew a few fouls. He isn't the player he was but for me today was not a bad game. Leicester created very little and we had 60% possession.

Yaya has been pivotal to our success since the Sheik took over. However, his time is up now and I was against giving him an extra year. He just lacks the mobility to make a serious difference. I would rather pay up his contract and offer him a coaching role in the academy.

Drop in quality in the DM position is probably our biggest issue.

I’m sure it will be resolved in the summer but shows the importance in resting Fern.

Yaya did for his part try and used the ball well.

People must have very low expectations from him these days to file that performance under ‘Played well’
We got the win though so not gonna give him a hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.