Leicester (a) Carabao Cup QF pre-match thread

Leicester City (a) Carabao Cup prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do.

I want to win every competition we're in, and I don't want us gifting competitions or trophies to those twats like we did last year.

Winning is a habit, and we've already seen several coaches this year fuck their teams up by robbing their teams of momentum (United not bothering to attack Liverpool; Klopp resting players for the derby) and ending up getting several bad results in a row. To then exacerbate that by gifting trophies to legitimise the boring, shit football that Mourinho is serving up would be even worse.
I would like us to win the competition of course, but we need to prioritize. Don't give a fuck about United. They can win the league cup every year for all I care

Rotating and resting responsibly is an obvious requirement, but honestly, the idea that winning this competition is irrelevant amazes me. I spent my whole life hoping for something as wonderful as a League Cup win and despising the United and Arsenal fans who sneered at it as being beneath them. Being one of those types is something I never want to be.

There are only three domestic trophies to aim for. Why on earth wouldn't we want to win one of them?

I’d love that.

Just hope Diaz is on the left and Foden plays.
They both need more game time, they look good enough to contribute as first team members and the squad doesn't look half as thin when they're included.

I'm sure he will play the second string, and quite rightly so. And I suspect they will play their firsts and beat us. If that happens I won't shed a tear - it will be a cloud with a massive silver lining come next January/February as bigger fixtures pile up.

If we win tonight I would carry on playing the Reserve/fringe players right through to, and including, the final.
Puel has already said he will heavily rotate too, and I’d guess he wasn’t bullshitting.

If we win this we'll probably be up against Chelsea, United or Arsenal, but West Ham and Bournemouth have a shot of getting through and both are beatable. A trophy is a trophy. I don't mind rotation but starting Zinchenko at LB, Tosin, Touré etc would be akin to saying we don't mind if we win or not. I think it'll be a strong side with Bernardo, Gundogan, Danilo and Bravo likely to start. I want to see Alex and Foden in attacking positions, and give Diaz a runout.

With Aguero and Silva out, Foden and Diaz are almost certain to get game time tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.