Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been carrying that since the Everton game, four months....

Big news about to break this week
Imagine how sad and lonely you’d have to be to pretend you know anything about Aguero’s future and imaginary ‘big news’

There’s an awful lot of mountains being made out of molehills on here over the last couple of days. The facts are we are top of the league because of the contributions of both players (Jesus/Sergio) who are getting a fairly even amount of minutes and have similar stats.
Both have a huge part to play over the course of the season and we’re very lucky that they both play for us.

Opinions are great but here's some facts.

In the league:

Jesus has 8 goals from 27 shots (20 shots on target).
Sergio has 9 goals from 30 shots (17 shots on target).

So Jesus hits the target more often and they both have almost identical conversion rates (29.6% / 30%). They both have superior conversion rates to Harry Kane (under 20%), Lookaka, Salah, Morata & Alexis Sanchez.

Of course Raz has a better conversion rate at 36%.

I like the xG and xA validation in that context. Both - Jesus and Sergio are underperforming there - but not extremely (what is a little irritating for me is the colour green for somebody that has less goals than his xG or xA - and the red for somebody that has more goals/assists than xA or xG)

https://understat.com/team/Manchester_City/2017

Actually combined with chance creation Agüero outperforms Jesus.

Just read this artical! didn’t kun resigne a new contract earlier this year.
Anyone know if it is truth to this, or just the normal, reports over making BIG out of minor frustration from kun

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/19/sergi...-squad-real-madrid-prepare-62m-offer-7171722/

ee65c10408b9360d4f06e7bc71f22616.jpg

Anyone thinking that Aguero will leave and miss out on a potential record breaking season is absolutely mental. Like certifiable mental.
Maybe he’ll go in the summer, who knows, but January? Fuckinell! Haha!

I like the xG and xA validation in that context. Both - Jesus and Sergio are underperforming there - but not extremely (what is a little irritating for me is the colour green for somebody that has less goals than his xG or xA - and the red for somebody that has more goals/assists than xA or xG)

https://understat.com/team/Manchester_City/2017

Actually combined with chance creation Agüero outperforms Jesus.

Interesting. I agree it's awful colour coding.

Obviously XG is becoming popular but I have no idea how reliable it is or how exactly it is calculated but it looks like it has a fair bit of data and computing power behind it.

Anyone thinking that Aguero will leave and miss out on a potential record breaking season is absolutely mental. Like certifiable mental.
Maybe he’ll go in the summer, who knows, but January? Fuckinell! Haha!

I have thought for some time that he will most probably choose to leave next summer but I wouldn't say it was a racing certainty.

Oh the irony if he left and we won the champions league this season, personally i think if we win the CL this season Aguero will be off in summer, no way he will go before unless we have a Stella signing lined up. If he goes in summer I wish him all the best and I’d love to meet him to personally to say thank you for giving me the second best moment in my life.

Interesting. I agree it's awful colour coding.

Obviously XG is becoming popular but I have no idea how reliable it is or how exactly it is calculated but it looks like it has a fair bit of data and computing power behind it.

It says more about the kind of chances somebody has then just the number of shots. It is based on the probability somebody shots a goal in this situation, out of this position with the amount of defenders around. I like xA even more that values the related assists. There is so many players that have a high number of key passes but only because they prepare the shots out of the box where it is easier, cross a lot etc. The xA on 90 minutes just shows who creates the quality key passes and usually xA and xG are a lot closer to the real goal tally than the simple numbers are.

His personal stats side show the positions he has shot from - you can choose to see only a special season or even special goal situations.

https://understat.com/player/619

(when you move your mouse over the coloured dots you see what game and what minute the shot was)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.