Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep is very particular with his strikers. Take Ibrahimovic for example. Ibrahimovic said that Pep avoided speaking with him. But anyone who followed Pep’s club then knew that for almost close to a year Pep was constantly talking and arguing with Ibrahimovic during matches, during training footage and Pep was on Ibrahimovic’s ear trying to get Ibrahimovic play as part of the team. But Ibrahimovic wanted none of it. Came out in an interview saying that Pep avoided talking to him and how buying a 50m or so Euro player and then not building the team around him is a travesty.

Two completely separate, incomparable situations there.
How many competitive games did Hart play under Guardiola?
Let me be clear guys I want Sergio to stay 100%, I absolutely love the man.
But if (and it's a big if) it's the case that Sergio is not playing the way pep wants him too, pep wouldn't think twice about shipping him off.
The only reason I brought Joe up was because both are club legends and it would be hard for the fans to see him go, not because they are exactly the same situation

Let me be clear guys I want Sergio to stay 100%, I absolutely love the man.
But if (and it's a big if) it's the case that Sergio is not playing the way pep wants him too, pep wouldn't think twice about shipping him off.
The only reason I brought Joe up was because both are club legends and it would be hard for the fans to see him go, not because they are exactly the same situation

I don't think it's a case of Aguero not playing how Pep wants his strikers to play. He's tried, that's clear and sometimes he's done it well.

It's just about how good he is at it, and at the moment he seems to not be good enough to be Pep's undisputed first choice, which Aguero obvipusly seems unhappy about.

Unless Aguero either starts doing exactly what Jesus does, or scores enough goals to cover up any shortcomings In all round play, he's going to have to share game time, and if he's throwing gloves around and speaking to the press after missing a derby but starting 5 of the last 6 league games, then there might be a problem coming.

I think every City fan wants Aguero to be here and scoring heaps of goals, but you can't start rebelling if you're Aguero when you've actually 1) Been starting nearly every game and 2) not been in good form for the last few months. 3) We won the derby and the Spurs games brilliantly.

Hopefully he scores a few in the next couple of games, gets over his little sulk and we can put this behind us (again).

Pep won't like having to field 100 questions about Aguero's future again though, thats drama he doesn't need to distract from how good the team has been and focusing on keeping this level up, going to the media (which it seems either Aguero or his agent has done) is not a smart move IMO.

I don't think it's a case of Aguero not playing how Pep wants his strikers to play. He's tried, that's clear and sometimes he's done it well.

It's just about how good he is at it, and at the moment he seems to not be good enough to be Pep's undisputed first choice, which Aguero seems unhappy about.

Unless Aguero either starts doing exactly what Jesus does, or scores enough goals to cover up any shortcomings In all round play, he's going to have to share game time, and if he's throwing gloves around and speaking to the press after missing a derby but starting 5 of the last 6 league games, then there might be a problem coming.

I think every City fan wants Aguero to be here and scoring heaps of goals, but you can't start rebelling if you're Aguero when you've actually 1) Been starting nearly every game and 2) not been in good form for the last few months. 3) We won the derby and the Spurs games brilliantly.

Hopefully he scores a few in the next couple of games, gets over his little sulk and we can put this behind us (again).
Fully agree with you Dom, great post

It's just about how good he is at it, and at the moment he seems to not be good enough to be Pep's undisputed first choice, which Aguero obvipusly seems unhappy about.

Pep won't like having to field 100 questions about Aguero's future again though, thats drama he doesn't need to distract from how good the team has been and focusing on keeping this level up, going to the media (which it seems either Aguero or his agent has done) is not a smart move IMO.
Very well said.

You're a great blue dom.

Most polarising topic in here.
Wanted Mbappe & Alexis in the summer and that told volumes of Pep's thinking and had the two arrived in the summer,Aguero wouldn't be here.
Pep's somewhat has had to 'compromise' this season.
Thinking we should move forward without Aguero doesn't make one less of a City fan.

Most polarising topic in here.
Wanted Mbappe & Alexis in the summer and that told volumes of Pep's thinking and had the two arrived in the summer,Aguero wouldn't be here.
Pep's somewhat has had to 'compromise' this season.
Thinking we should move forward without Aguero doesn't make one less of a City fan.

No it doesn't make one less of a City fan,however to dismiss him as though he has never been part of the furniture is a joke,and innuendos of he won't be missed kind of chat are quite frankly laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.