Bristol City AWAY Ticket Details

I’m for 80% or even 90% going on loyalty points and the remaining balloted amongst season card holders.
And make sure people can’t sell on tickets. I know it’s difficult, but maybe ID check those attending against the person who actually got the ticket. One strike and you’re out. Buy some tickets from the reselling sites and ban, for life, those caught abusing the system.
Would the remaining ten or twenty percent allocated to season card holders be forced to take them for Swansea midweek or Crystal Palace New Years Day and how the hell do you ID check who goes into an away ground.

If this is correct it needs reporting ASAP, for one the guy doing it is no City fan in my eyes as he's ripping off fellow Blues and the supporters club need reporting for letting shit like this happen?

Disgraceful behaviour

Spot on. Let’s hest the name of the so called Blue and who they are getting tickets from.

Would the remaining ten or twenty percent allocated to season card holders be forced to take them for Swansea midweek or Crystal Palace New Years Day and how the hell do you ID check who goes into an away ground.
ballot for each game. whatever comes out, comes out. Like the cup schemes, you opt in and can't get out of paying for the ticket. City tried the ID scheme in Europe didn't they and that was a bit if a fiasco, but how else can you stop people selling tickets on?

cannot remember any great panic the last time we went to Bristol City in the league cup, 100's of empty seats, and 10 measly loyalty points for those who could be arsed.

ballot for each game. whatever comes out, comes out. Like the cup schemes, you opt in and can't get out of paying for the ticket. City tried the ID scheme in Europe didn't they and that was a bit if a fiasco, but how else can you stop people selling tickets on?
If that happened they'd only moan its fixed I want a ticket for the big games not the ones where nobody wants to go. The ID scheme for euro games was ok if you were spending a few days there, bit shite on day trip. Went tits up at Celtic when everybody arrived close together would be a complete fiasco for domestic games when majority turn up within 30 mins of KO.

The concept of the loyalty scheme is fine - it's just the fact there are so many ways to abuse it. Put the name on the ticket and 1 in 10 are checked. If you can't prove your ID then the ticket owner is banned. All irrelevant though as City don't care in the slightest so nothing will change. At Palace I was next to 4 from Portugal - over to watch City because their favourite player was Bernardo Silva. In the City end waving their Portuguese flag and wearing Porto tops. Total piss take. And then B Silva comes over at end of game to give his top to one of them. I understand why but my 12 year old son who is stood next to them asks me why he goes 125 miles to Newcastle, 450 miles to London 3 days later and another 250 miles to a home game other 2 days later and some twat (my words not his) in a Porto top not only gets tickets for the games somehow but then gets a match shirt off one of the players. Would love to know how many loyalty points these Portuguese lot had

I attended 54 games in 87-88 (when Maine Road recorded its lowest average attendance since the Poyser era) but didn’t receive a single loyalty point.

In fact, we’re fast approaching the point where you’ll need to be in your mid 30s to remember when we were shit.

York was 20 years ago, and even the Pearce era seems a distant memory.

People keep mentioning Swansea, but that had nothing to do with loyalty, and everything to do with your remaining holiday entitlement, just before Christmas.

Similarly, I flew to Shaktar for a dead rubber, primarily because I’ve got no common sense whatsoever, and more importantly, could afford it.

For me, it’s as simple as prioritising the Bristol City tickets for those fans who attended the earlier LC game at West Brom. They’re the most fanatical for this particular competition, so they should should be given first refusal.

The current system is flawed, but it just needs a little tinkering, and definitely more accountability from the Club, regarding who gets what etc.

Supporters Clubs pooling tickets in order to fill their silly coaches are the biggest problem. All the youngsters go on coaches and they obtain tickets via an older member of the supporters club who's not going. It happens all the time and was never really a big issue 8 or even 5 years ago as for most games there were still plenty to go around.

The club know full well that this goes on but I think the club for some reason like the idea of the majority of supporters going with a supporters club because they can at least be accounted for.

If there was a system where the person that has purchased the ticket actually has to go to the game, you'd see tickets going down far lower in the points ladder than they currently are and that's a fact.

I qualified for Barcelona away the 1st time we played them off the back of my own points. This season, I've qualified for Chelsea, Leicester, Swansea and Crystal Palace in the Premier League and no others. If the person who has bought the ticket actually used it then I reckon I'd have qualified for a few more.

There's also clearly a problem with the corporate allocation and also reselling sites.

I think a bit of a restructure is needed and some transparency on where the tickets go.

I just qualified for Barcelona away off the back of my own points the first time too.
This season I've qualified for every game except Bournemouth away and Huddersfield away.
I suggest that if between Barcelona away and the present day, if you'd attended the same number of games as me, you'd have been OK for practically any tickets you wanted this season.

The system is far from perfect but it does reward sustained commitment.
In your case it's your lack of loyalty that's counting against you.
At the time of Barcelona away (the first time) you were in a great position, you just failed to go to enough games that you qualified for.
No restructuring of the system can account for you failing to turn up so often.

On our coach to Anfield, there is a block booking of 27 Belgians.
I will be interested to hear how they got their tickets (Vinny? KDB?) for such an important game.
I'd much rather these 27 tickets had been available to the regular fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.